Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Russell Drop Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was also throwing a right hand of his own that missed and got off balance

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Was not close at all. He clowned Russell
      I didn't think it was too close either although Russell came on toward the end. Either way, that kind of win, along with the Walters victory, places Loma #2 on my p4p list.

Comment

I don't remember Russell winning a round against Lomachenko. He was humiliated in that fight.

Comment

Foot looked tangled. Non issue. Russell won 1 round despite projections he'd win 120-108 or KO Loma.

Comment

The guy that made that running commentary in the video sounds like a straight up hater. I really don’t care about the quantity of a fighters resume, maybe he wants Loma to be 38-0 or something. Personally I don’t think Loma was number 1 P4P. But he is top 5 and after Ward retiring he is definitely top 3/4.

Comment

It's a legit knockdown because he caught him on the chin, although it wasn't a hard punch from looking how Russell threw it.

Loma did get caught off balance, I think the push from the punch and his foot placement made him lose balance.

But there was no chin issues really, he wasn't hurt and got back up to continue humiliating Russell Jr. that fight. Scorecards were very gracious to GR Jr., also. Far too gracious.

Comment

Loma smacked him around easy for 12 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I didn't think it was too close either although Russell came on toward the end. Either way, that kind of win, along with the Walters victory, places Loma #2 on my p4p list.
                  I wouldn't put him number 2 but hes top 5 for sure. U know what strikes me the most... The quality of wins the top 5 p4p has... Its a bit weak for p4p fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                    I wouldn't put him number 2 but hes top 5 for sure. U know what strikes me the most... The quality of wins the top 5 p4p has... Its a bit weak for p4p fighters.
                    Depends on who is in your top five but yeah, overall, you make a good point.

Comment

So I guess the point of the Loma haters is that if the "knockdown" counted then the result should change to a KO for Russell?

I'm going to have some fun December 10th.

Comment

Working...
                      X