No announcement yet.

Why does anyone care about Povetkin or Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    At first the WBC said Wilder cancelled and Wilder said the WBC cancelled it. I believe it was DiBella (Wilder's manager) because he was throwing fits on Twitter saying the fight is off unconditionally.

Ultimately while Povetkin's blood levels were legal according to WADA/VADA guidelines and the fight should have proceeded under boxing jurisdiction, the teams sued/countersued each other in regular court and an American jury (who aren't subject to VADA/WADA and were merely deciding on initial fault/financial damages) ruled in favor of Wilder. Wilder was to be paid 5 million dollars without having to fight, which I believe is by far his highest ever purse.

Pulling the plug on the fight (if it was him) turned out to be the smartest thing he's ever done.

From my research meldonium is notoriously difficult to get out of one's system and it's quite unlikely Povetkin was taking recent/useful dosages if his levels were so far below the legal threshold but the WBC's initial panic and DiBella's pressure effectively moved the case from VADA jurisdiction to the courts.

Why Povetkin chose to take a pseudoanabolic (ostarine) a fight or two later is the real question and kind of a slap in the face to those of us who defended his meldonium plight.
    I have not researched mel or any other ped that much(nor do I want to)but I know he passed test after in was banned then poof it was back in system.And like you said 2nd time I don't wanna hear no excuse.

Comment

Working...
    X