Mayweather/Canelo 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/Canelo 2

I bet this fight is a go in December.
    Mayweather may be a dumb illiterate, unable to hang on to any of his money because of the spending habits necessary to compensate for the demons of his broken childhood; so stupid that he even fails to pay his taxes in the hopes that the IRS will not notice.
    Anyway, the one thing he is good at is matchmaking that makes money for the business of boxing (with him getting a decent cut too, though not nearly what is advertised).
    That said, does anyone think a guy who was so broke that he had to beg the IRS just this past July not to seize his house (as they did in 2008), for the $30 million he owed, and made about $50 million post-taxes in the Mcgregor fight (meaning he has about $20 million net worth) will not fight again if he can clear another $50 million?
    He has beaten Canelo once, and though it would be a totally different fight, Mayweather would actually be fighting for the middleweight title.
    At this point losses mean nothing, that sham is up (btw, does anyone actually believe he beat Castillo the first time?). Even if he loses to Canelo, a rematch makes him even more.
    It's the only way for a guy who spends like this 5'6" champion to not run out of cash, though he will be broke within five years.

Will never happen

/thread

Comment

Mayweather had to weight-drain a green 21 year old to 152, there's no way he's fighting an experienced 160 Canelo. If he hadn't weight-drained Canelo in the first fight there's no guarantee he would have won the first time around. It was obvious that the weight-draining effected Canelo quite badly, he was sluggish and his reflexes weren't on point.

Comment

He said he's officially done, and never getting back into the ring, no questions asked. I know fighters say that, and come back anyways, but I believe him.

And a loss isn't not a big deal, to the poster that said that. History will show a 50-1 record. His argument for being "TBE", or in the top 10 is his undefeated record. No way he risks that agaisnt Canelo. It took him 300 mil, and a complete novice for him to come back for that 50-0. No way he come aback agaisnt Nelo, unless he loses all of his money, and owes taxes, or crazy high child support payments.

Comment

Do you not think he will weight drain him again?
          The fight will be at 155. He will be weight drained even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewilliams123 View Post
            Mayweather may be a dumb illiterate, unable to hang on to any of his money because of the spending habits necessary to compensate for the demons of his broken childhood; so stupid that he even fails to pay his taxes in the hopes that the IRS will not notice.
            Anyway, the one thing he is good at is matchmaking that makes money for the business of boxing (with him getting a decent cut too, though not nearly what is advertised).
            That said, does anyone think a guy who was so broke that he had to beg the IRS just this past July not to seize his house (as they did in 2008), for the $30 million he owed, and made about $50 million post-taxes in the Mcgregor fight (meaning he has about $20 million net worth) will not fight again if he can clear another $50 million?
            He has beaten Canelo once, and though it would be a totally different fight, Mayweather would actually be fighting for the middleweight title.
            At this point losses mean nothing, that sham is up (btw, does anyone actually believe he beat Castillo the first time?). Even if he loses to Canelo, a rematch makes him even more.
            It's the only way for a guy who spends like this 5'6" champion to not run out of cash, though he will be broke within five years.
            Floyd Mayweather can literally buy you, and this forum. Even if he is broke he is 100 times richer than all of us. He won't fight again because he might get sugar ray Leonard' when Camacho beat him.

Comment

Not sure where you came up with $300 million. You might as well say $500 million.
              It's some cheap PR you read from people with an interest in making you believe something great was happening so you'd buy it.
              He may have gotten $100 million. The backend, which as you may have noticed still has not been officially announced, went almost all to the promoter, William Morris Endeavor/UFC.
              Of the $100 million he owes 50% to the IRS right off the bat. He also has $30 million in taxes due, to which a massive daily interest was being applied.
              massive daily interest was being applied.
              He went home with $20 million. As he declared in the letter to the IRS begging them not to kick him out of his house, all his assets were highly illiquid, ie jewelry, cars, accessories, and other cheap material garbage.
              The so-called history you refer to is comical. It is created for lightweight thinkers, who are frankly and sadly compliant to the deception. 50-0 is history? Joe Calzaghe retired undefeated too, as did others. He beat Marciano's record? Marciano was a heavyweight, frankly the only division that matters, since as Tyson used to say, "I challenge any man from bantamweight to heavyweight."
              No businessman, or man with a quarter brain, leaves the $50-$100 million (maybe even a bit more) on the table for 36 minutes of boxing.

Comment

"Floyd can literally buy you"......hahahahahahahahahahaha, and you know this how? You checked his taxes? Or my taxes? How do you know how much money anyone has?
                Only the IRS knows. Any if the little guy doesn't pay up, he's going straight back to the slammer.
                That's why he'll be back. Camacho/Ray Leonard or not.
                It's either fight and stave off IRS seizure and jail time, then come out of jail broke and too old to even fight, or just fight now, and keep it going as long as possible.
                But he will end up on the street broke soon enough. Five years max.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewilliams123 View Post

Bet, huh? Would you like to make it a perma-ban bet? If you win, I'll accept a perma-ban bet from the mods. If you win, you accept the perma-ban.

Deal?

---Edit---

10 posts? I'm still down for the bet but has to be an IP address ban, or you have to come clean and reveal whose alt you are.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Mayweather had to weight-drain a green 21 year old to 152, there's no way he's fighting an experienced 160 Canelo. If he hadn't weight-drained Canelo in the first fight there's no guarantee he would have won the first time around. It was obvious that the weight-draining effected Canelo quite badly, he was sluggish and his reflexes weren't on point.
                    What was canelo excuse for losing five rounds vs khan at canelo weight, Algerie didn't lose five rounds to khan in 12 rounds from my eye yet people think he beats any version of floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X