Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's fair to say Haymon can never produce another PPV star other than Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's fair to say Haymon can never produce another PPV star other than Floyd.

There you have it. No one is expecting to.
    The focus is all on Oscar or Arum.
    Haymon got all these fighters in his arsenal, yet he's not expected to turn them into PPV stars
    Even his fans already gave up expecting Haymon to produce superstars.

How many ppv stars are there in boxing period? 1?

There's only been 2 ppv stars in the last 10 years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      There you have it. No one is expecting to.
      The focus is all on Oscar or Arum.
      Haymon got all these fighters in his arsenal, yet he's not expected to turn them into PPV stars
      Even his fans already gave up expecting Haymon to produce superstars.
      Nobody is buying PPV's anymore. The PPV era is dead and we should all be happy. GGG-Canelo is the last PPV fight that will do well. Maybe a Pacquiao-Crawford fight would do well but nowhere near Pacquiao's old numbers. Haymon's model is to go away from PPV so why would he be trying to produce a PPV star? I do know he has made Thurman the second biggest star in America. Besides Canelo what other fighter has these types of numbers in America?

Comment

The model is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Nobody is buying PPV's anymore. The PPV era is dead and we should all be happy. GGG-Canelo is the last PPV fight that will do well. Maybe a Pacquiao-Crawford fight would do well but nowhere near Pacquiao's old numbers. Haymon's model is to go away from PPV so why would he be trying to produce a PPV star? I do know he has made Thurman the second biggest star in America. Besides Canelo what other fighter has these types of numbers in America?

PPV just keep getting better and better for UFC so the PPV era isnt dead just Boxing promoters are idiots. But I do agree boxing should be trying to get that sponsorship money, that ad money, all that money that is their for sports. PPV is a odd buisness model but hey it works if done right.
          Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 08-20-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
            PPV just keep getting better and better for UFC so the PPV era isnt dead just Boxing promoters are idiots. But I do agree boxing should be trying to get that sponsorship money, that ad money, all that money that is their for sports. PPV is a odd buisness model but hey it works if done right.
            Ppv is not getting better and better. UFC has jones and Conor. Besides that their numbers suck. They just have a built fan base that will always guarantee a certain amount of buys

Comment

See what I mean? No one is expecting to.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                See what I mean? No one is expecting to.
                You're a moron. How many ppv stars has arum made in the last 10 years?

Zero

Ppv stars are rare and the less ppvs the better

Comment

Who the hell is looking to Arum or Oscar to build stars? No one has any faith in those guys

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
                    ufc doesnt and never has released its ppv numbers. mcgregor is a ppv star yes and u got the jones cormier rivalry but other then that i bet their ppv are way down

Comment

Working...
                    X