HBO's DESPERATION For Attracting The African American Public

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    but he lost though
    i'm talking about how berto got bigass paydays to fight bums on hbo, because of [see thread title]

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      is the reason for William's "win". Its the reason for Broner's "win" over De Leon. They want to find the next market cash cow and in the process, kicking the sport while its down. And it IS down.
      HBO dosn't need Blacks to have cash cow Hispanics,Asian and even Europeans give better quality fights no body likes fighters who dance, run, or recieve gift decsions

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        What you're saying about HBO getting robberies called in their favor, isn't true. Now you are saying HBO is in control of who fights on their network and the way they promote a fight, two different things. HBO is an American network and majority of their viewers are American. Of course HBO wants Americans to win but they certainly aren't rigging fights and they certainly aren't focused completely on AA's. Remember Pavliks rise lol they wanted that guy to be the face of the network. They are also promoting the fuk out of Mexican-Americans, one of the larger HBO demographics.
        HBO money can bribe judges numnuts lets see Mosley, Broner, Mayweather Judah Williams and Alexander are ones who have recieved gifts agnist Latin fighters

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          You would have to be stupid not to realize the potential of regaining African American interest in the sport, but the problem is, its just not there.

Williams, Alexander, Broner, these guys either lose or get gifts and HBO insist on putting them on as headliners for cards.

The reason is obvious.
          Its ridiculous to think HBO would rig fights for guys who are not even big draws in hopes that they can be big draws especially when they are aware that the guy in question is planning on hanging them up soon. I wouldn't compare Alexander and Broner's fights with the Williams one. I had Alexander in particular losing but he was way more in the fight that Williams was. HBO would have more incentive to rig a fight for someone like Canelo. Has plenty of years left and already has a following that can only grow. HBO doesn't care witch demographic watches, as long as people watch. No one is rigging fights to bring African American viewers. In fact most African Americans who pay attention to boxing will tell you that both Alexander and Williams lost. No way HBO thinks by putting a questionable W on their resume that African Americans will unite and support them. In fact its quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
            That's dumb Hispanics have now become the largest minority in America and growing. Furthermore Hispanics are hardcore boxing fans. If HBO were going to fix fights they would be smart to do it for the Hispanic fighter. Judges were blind man no fix here.
            Yea like a buy that crap that Blacks are 13% of the Population. It seems everywhere I go I see one. There all over the east Coast From Flordia to Maine, They're all over the south West, They're in the Mid West States. This 13 % crap is dessigned so that they can continue to recieve Goverment freebees and affirmitive action for Goverment jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              HBO money can bribe judges numnuts lets see Mosley, Broner, Mayweather Judah Williams and Alexander are ones who have recieved gifts agnist Latin fighters
              Umm...What Latin fighter did Mosley, Mayweather, and especially Judah did they receive gifts from while on the HBO network? And, if you mention the names that I think you will. You must one either that fight was not on HBO so your statement will be wrong there. And, the others, you would know those Latin fighters would have received "gifts" over black fighters in their previous bouts.

Also if HBO was setting up robberies. Then they would not be calling it a robbery...Do you understand that numbnuts?

Lastly as much as Check could be a Nationalistic moron. He's right...Don't confuse with promoting a fighter in their network to actually being able to pull robberies....You have to look at the promoter/manager if you think something crooked is going on...Not the network

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                lara looked pretty black to me
                LMAO that cracked me up

Comment

Working...
                X