No announcement yet.

1970s Crime Movies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    I'd never seen her before that film, but damn. She was bad ass.
    i had a big crush on russell when i was about 13 or 14, she has done several nude scenes in film up until her late 30's, i have :wank: to most of them

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      i had a big crush on russell when i was about 13 or 14, she has done several nude scenes in film up until her late 30's, i have :wank: to most of them
      I'll have to check out the collection. LOL

Comment

I LOVE 70s MOVIES. For me it was a time when directors didn't give two ****s about pandering to the audience and just told their story:

A Clockwork Orange - a must see
        Deliverance - rednecks, rape...has it all!
        Dirty Harry - Clint doing what he does best
        Duel 1971 - Speilberg's first film. So simple, yet so suspenseful
        Five Easy Pieces - Watch Jack Nicholson self-implode
        Hard Times 1975 - Some good old fashioned bare-knuckle fighting with a brilliant story to boot
        High Plains Drifter - Clint's best western IMHO
        McCabe & Mrs Miller - Realistic depiction of the old West and one mans determination to protect his brothel
        The Driver 1978 - Love this one. Crime noir done right with fantastic car chases.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          I LOVE 70s MOVIES. For me it was a time when directors didn't give two ****s about pandering to the audience and just told their story:

Hard Times 1975 - Some good old fashioned bare-knuckle fighting with a brilliant story to boot
          McCabe & Mrs Miller - Realistic depiction of the old West and one mans determination to protect his brothel
          The Driver 1978 - Love this one. Crime noir done right with fantastic car chases.
          Great list!

I've seen A Clockwork Orange(one of my top 3 by Kubrick), Deliverance(and read the book), Dirty Harry(you're not a man until you watch this), Hard Times(Bronson and Coburn? No brainer), High Plains Drifter(one of Clint's best Westerns) and The Driver(excellent car chases!

I just found Duel and will try to watch the others although I didn't have any luck last time I searched for Five Easy Pieces. Been meaning to see McCabe and Mrs. Miller for a while..

Comment

Watched Duel.

I loved it!

Thanks!!

Comment

Found McCabe and Mrs. Miller, too.

Pretty good but didn't care for the soundtrack.

Decent story though.

Comment

Just checked this one out. Eh, not too sure about it. Very strange film. Liked the amount of *******, doe...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Just checked this one out. Eh, not too sure about it. Very strange film. Liked the amount of *******, doe...

[IMG][/IMG]
                  In fact, I agree with this review from '76 which calls the film bland. And it is every so bland.

https://www.nytimes.com/1976/02/16/a...nd-effort.html

Comment

Not a bad flick at all.

Always enjoy watching Bronson...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The Getaway!

Walter Hill director.

Steve McQueen, Ali MacGraw, Ben Johnson and Bo Hopkins (one of my all time favorites).

Comment

Working...
                      X