Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Leonardo Di Caprio win the Oscar for his role in The Revenant?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think because of the extreme backlash of him never winning an Oscar from so many great roles over the past decade, they reached a bit in giving it to him here.

I liked the movie, thought Leo did a great job of portraying the role, but it is a tad overrated.

I think he should have gotten the Oscar for his role in The Departed.

Comment

hardy channeled his best sgt barnes impersonation

Comment

I have to agree. I'm a Leo fan but he didn't win for Catch Me, Aviator, Django (supporting) and yet he won for Revenant? Which I found boring and I felt Gleeson was the best actor on show.

then again he was overdue so thats an issue.

Comment

I've noticed a trend in American Hollywood, television and Netflix where Alpha male types that are supposed to be American, are being portrayed by Brits and Australians. America is being so pussified that we don't even have enough Alpha males to fill roles of tough, rugged men. Sad state of affairs over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Brits are better actors because they actually go to acting schools and have theater background before moving on to film\Tv while American actors \actresses have a modeling background

It's infuriating to me the amount of British actors \actresses on American Tv shows doing a specific American accent like a southerner or Midwestern accent like in Fargo or Westworld or Preacher
            i have to agree with this ^, the best brit actors start out doing shakespeare and have serious skills. american actors get roles by being hot and having sex with producers

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            I've not had anyone refute my claim of Hardy acting circles around Leo...

We all in agreement here?, disgusting, they literally gave Leo an Oscar out of unwarranted pity.
            Originally posted by Szef View Post
            So what he did?

DiCaprio was the leading while Hardy was the supporting actor.
            hardy should have been nominated for supporting actor

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
            Hollyweed is so corrupt that i didnt mind leonardo decarpio getting rewarded

Dude has been in so many great performance and was ignored
            Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I have to agree. I'm a Leo fan but he didn't win for Catch Me, Aviator, Django (supporting) and yet he won for Revenant? Which I found boring and I felt Gleeson was the best actor on show.

dicaprio should have got an oscar for the departed, and should have at least been nominated for other films like gangs of NY and maybe Django

Comment

he did better on Aviator, Departed, Django & even on Wolf of Wall Street

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                  i have to agree with this ^, the best brit actors start out doing shakespeare and have serious skills. american actors get roles by being hot and having sex with producers

hardy should have been nominated for supporting actor

dicaprio should have got an oscar for the departed, and should have at least been nominated for other films like gangs of NY and maybe Django
                  The Departed! I can't believe I forgot that one. In the last decade, he could easily have won 3 Oscars (CMIYC, Departed and Aviator) and this decade, he should at least have been nominated for Django as you said.

Also, Damon missed out on The Martian, his performance lifted that movie by miles. Plus, John Goodman also missed out for 10 Cloverfield Lane, imo his best ever performance.

The Oscars are bull.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

The Oscars always does those makeup awards, like Scorsese winning his first best director for departed and not anything before that, or Pacino finally getting his Oscar for scent of a woman over Denzel in Malcolm X.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Reek View Post
                      The Oscars always does those makeup awards, like Scorsese winning his first best director for departed and not anything before that, or Pacino finally getting his Oscar for scent of a woman over Denzel in Malcolm X.
                      Pacino should've received an Oscar for Godfather, Scarface, and Carlitos Way before Scent of a Woman.

Comment

Working...
                      X