This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    It's not that you are pointing it out that anyone cares about. It's that you made 2 threads about this and in each one you let your bigoted agenda against black boxers drive how you see this rather than your knowledge of the sport.

You've had dozens of posters, both those that like Wilder and those that do not (like me), point out to you that this is how NY operates since the Mago fight because of the outcome.

Instead of just admitting , "I didn't know that" you double down on some stupid conspiracy theory that fits your agenda.

Of course all of the posters pointing this out to you love the sport and watch fights. You just seem to just wait til the fight ends, watch youtube edit and look for pieces that you can exploit to make yet another of your childish bigoted race bait threads.

Sadly the site must need clicks to keep you active knowing this is your steelo.

Ok , are you saying boxing isnt corrupt ? Then you bring up race ? Why race

This is about a fighter getting an additional timeout after a 1 minute break . Docs and ref could have checked him in between rounds. Why wait till after ? Why give him more time to recover when his opponents job is to knock him out and he had his man hurt .

You see you brought up race for some reason when in reality timeouts have no color.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      this is the second thread you made about this same topic.. the fight was in NY, the doctor checked on him they dont want another mago situation. now stfu
      I agree. people also casually forget that the state of NY has been more strict in the last 2 years. Boxing is improving as well compared to years before were blood was the standard to sell...

more importantly, why is that every doctor looks at a fighters' eyes with a flashlight if there's blood or no blood on a fighters face? that's standard practice. it was the commission's call to see if Wilder was ok. I don't know what the doctors try to find by looking at the pupils, but let's not exaggerate that they were doing Wilder a favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        Ok , are you saying boxing isnt corrupt ? Then you bring up race ? Why race

This is about a fighter getting an additional timeout after a 1 minute break . Docs and ref could have checked him in between rounds. Why wait till after ? Why give him more time to recover when his opponents job is to knock him out and he had his man hurt .

You see you brought up race for some reason when in reality timeouts have no color.
        Boxing has corruption issues, yes. This was not a case of it. I brought up race because this is your game. Your post/thread history will prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

He didn't get an additional break, idiot. The NY doctor was extra careful, as every NY dr has been since Mago. The Dr's did the same thing with Mikhalkin and Dirrell in the Garden (notice you didn't say anything).

Yes, as fans we prefer NY not do this because it may give a guy a rest. As fans, we also know why its done and accept it because we don't want anymore Mago situations. You clearly don't watch fights or you'd know this has been happening.

Most know your deal with race. I'm just putting it out there clearly for everyone so they don't get lured in to your BS.

Comment

that's something done in New York my friend do research. no funny business. thought so as well and then looked it up and found out it was protocol

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            Damn bro.. at least be aware of the rules. As others stated, the NY commission has been doing this
            the obvious question would then be, why was Ortiz not given a timeout and extra time after he was dropped and hurt in round 5?

Comment

wilder ruins lives.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                the obvious question would then be, why was Ortiz not given a timeout and extra time after he was dropped and hurt in round 5?
                Good question. Damn good question. My only estimation would be that Ortiz didn't take significant amount of punches and look like he was almost out. Wilder looked like a few more punches would have had him flat on his back.

Ortiz got up before the 10 count and soon after the bell rang. Didn't take any more punishment. I didn't think either deserved to be looked at by the ringside physician, however, their rules are different than my opinion.

Comment

I do remember saying that BS the refs buying him time but people have made a good point in this thread about NY tightening up the rules and playing it safe but Ortiz didnt get that treament after his knockdowns so there should be no advantage just by getting in trouble near the end of the round

Ortiz ate a monster right hand and was on his backside, he is also 45yrs old with high blood pressure they should have shown him the same care if they are worried about the Mago thing happening again

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    this is the question that should be asked if any... maybe they thought wilder was more hurt as he staggered back to his corner and took a lot more flush shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      No. I literally wrote a thread about this happening last year when they changed the safety rules. This is what happens in NY now.
                      link to thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X