Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Decisions Briedis in Tough Fight To Unify WBC, WBO Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've told you before it's gonna be the toughest fight for Usyk

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      What do you like about Gassiev over Dorticos and Usyk ? Dude is flat footed Briedis beats him.
      Agree that Briedis would beat Gassiev who is too static and slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
        Gassiev is too static and slow for Usyk. This will be an easier fight for Usyk.
        Exactly. Styles make fights, Briedis is one tough muvver. I haven’t seen anything to suggest Gassiev can fight the style Briedis did to go toe to toe with Usyk and be competitive. Gassiev didn’t look world class against Lebedev.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          I am feel very very feel.
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            I've told you before it's gonna be the toughest fight for Usyk
            Usyk needed this tough fight to improve as a pro.

Comment

Da*mmm - that was a great fight.
              What I'm seeing - Usyk - superb boxer but a bit pitty-patty - his timing was off due to Breidis' movement ad h missed a lot - and saying that Breidis has great body movement and good feet but he is not exceptional in that department either.
              Breidis - surprised me with how good his defence was. He came out fast first 3 rounds but slowly gassed the remainder of the fight like a tyre with a slow puncture. Good accurate punching but needs to throw more - if he had done that he's have won given how close it was. Maybe give Usyk some cr3dit because his body punches slowed Breidis down.
              Going forward - this might have seen the 2 best fighters in the comp together - can't tell until next week - but how much will Usyk have learnt and how much will this fight have taken out of him? Probably quite a lot and not much respectively.
              If Dorticus can box as well as Breidis but punches harder he may have the beating of Usyk - but next week first.

Comment

Saw another side of usyk tonight, briedis is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  Exactly. Styles make fights, Briedis is one tough muvver. I haven’t seen anything to suggest Gassiev can fight the style Briedis did to go toe to toe with Usyk and be competitive. Gassiev didn’t look world class against Lebedev.
                  Gassiev´s only chance is to slow down and hurt Usyk with body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    the small cruiserweight was able to blast out manuel charr, the current WBA Heavyweight champion of the world.

regular champ though, lol
                    Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    This small Cruiserweight KOed the WBA World Heavyweight Champ Charr out cold !
                    Charr is no 6'7 concussive puncher. And I'm talking about Usyk. Usyk gets hit with 10% of the right hands from Wilder that Briedis lands and it is bye bye for Usyk.
                    Last edited by richardt; 01-27-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      Da*mmm - that was a great fight.
                      What I'm seeing - Usyk - superb boxer but a bit pitty-patty - his timing was off due to Breidis' movement ad h missed a lot - and saying that Breidis has great body movement and good feet but he is not exceptional in that department either.
                      Breidis - surprised me with how good his defence was. He came out fast first 3 rounds but slowly gassed the remainder of the fight like a tyre with a slow puncture. Good accurate punching but needs to throw more - if he had done that he's have won given how close it was. Maybe give Usyk some cr3dit because his body punches slowed Breidis down.
                      Going forward - this might have seen the 2 best fighters in the comp together - can't tell until next week - but how much will Usyk have learnt and how much will this fight have taken out of him? Probably quite a lot and not much respectively.
                      If Dorticus can box as well as Breidis but punches harder he may have the beating of Usyk - but next week first.
                      May 11th the final will take place. Not much time for Usyk to recover from this bout. He should hope that Gassiev & Dorticos will have a war aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X