No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dean Byrne Replaces Purdy To Face Carson Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dean Byrne Replaces Purdy To Face Carson Jones

Dublin's Dean Byrne has stepped up at short-notice and will take on America's Carson Jones over eight-threes on Matchroom's "Christmas Cracker" bill following Lee Purdy's withdrawal earlier this week. Byrne, 28, has had mixed fortunes over the past year, he lost to Frank Haroche Horta by eighth-round TKO last October then dropped an eight-round decision to Terry Holmes in April, but bounced back to hand Kevin McAuley a four-threes decision defeat in September. The 16-2 (6) fighter now has a chance to make a name for himself before the Sky TV cameras. [Click Here To Read More]

I remember watching the Holmes-Byrne fight, great result for the former. I did hear rumours of Rick Godding stepping in to replace Purdy, which would've been a good replacement.

Byrne is a decent operator but not at this level, wouldn't be surprised if this ends in the first. Ryder-O'Kane promises to make up for the Purdy-Jones fight falling through.

Comment

Madness on Deans part instead off trying too rebuild his career he is stepping in against a pretty good fight if this fight goes passed six ill be surprised Dean cannot have prepared any bit for someone as good as Jones.When he lost too Haroche it was similar Gavin pulled out so Dean took the risk this time though he is facing a far better fight.I wish the best too Dean and hope he can pull off the shock

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Ryder-O'Kane promises to make up for the Purdy-Jones fight falling through.
        Ryder will batter O'Kane.

Comment

Working...
        X