No announcement yet.

How big a difference footage quality can make

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big a difference footage quality can make

Neither of them look very athletic, and they dont look super skilled either.

same fighters.
    whole different story.

you can see the muscle definition in their backs, arms, shoulders and legs. and their head movement and subtle skills are MUCH more pronounced.

But...but...we have evolved so much in those 50 years! You just like them because they're in black and white! Dur!

Comment

Nice thread. Man imagine having HD color footage of All the greatest fighters?

Comment

wow, those guys are warriors. It's rare to see boxers with that kind of heart nowadays, which is kinda sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
          wow, those guys are warriors. It's rare to see boxers with that kind of heart nowadays, which is kinda sad.
          They used to fight damn near every month, that's an insane pace.

Comment

No doubt the higher quality is better, but the first video starts at round 11 where tiredness will obviously be a factor and the second video is highlights of the fight. If the contrast was lowered on the first video it would looks a lot better.
            Last edited by Rick Grimes; 03-02-2011, 04:08 AM.

Comment

nice footage man of a nice fight. i still think fighters today are much stronger and faster, and just overall more "polished". taking nothing away from the great SRR, he is hte best pound for pound boxer of all time, BUT, if you just stuck him in a time machine, without letting him have the advantages of modern sports science training, he would get hurled.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                nice footage man of a nice fight. i still think fighters today are much stronger and faster, and just overall more "polished". taking nothing away from the great SRR, he is hte best pound for pound boxer of all time, BUT, if you just stuck him in a time machine, without letting him have the advantages of modern sports science training, he would get hurled.
                How many modern day fighters, with all their newfangled "sports science" can last 15 rounds?

I was thinking about this yesterday... Very few I think..

Why isn't Carmen Basilio in FN Champion.

Comment

why is the second video sped up? ruined it

Comment

how come we dont see any hairy chested white men that are good anymore?

Comment

Working...
                    X