Collapse
No announcement yet.

prospects who became nothing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't forget rey "boom boom" bautista. looked like a KO artist in the mold of manny pacquiao, but was ruined by ponce de leon.

then again, he's 23, so... he has time

Comment

Curtis Parker, James Broad, Joe Thomas

Hello,
      I boxed at Reddish Boxing Club when Curtis Parker was still 15-0....then came his 3 quick losses. He didn't catch a break, he fought contender after contender. its a shame, Curtis was a True gentleman, who deserved a better chance. His small frame and arms worked against him.

Im surprised you mentioned James Broad. I remember the early 1980's very well in Philly. The Top Heavies were....Marvis Frazier, Tyrell Biggs, James Broad, and Joe Thomas. Of all of them, Joe Thomas went on to be the 1981 National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion. He did fight James Broad, and I was Ringside, in Wildwood,NJ. James Broad knocked Joe Thomas down kinda quick..almost a slip. The sound of these 2 Giants in the Ring was amazing, and scary. They were both Huge....Joe Thomas was actually bigger. As soon as he hit the canvas, he jumped back to his feet, but his Trainer, Steve Traitz Sr. threw in the towell. Joe was angry at that, but he explained to Joe that he didnt want to risk him getting hurt, prior to turning pro, and the Golden Gloves. But its True, Im surprised that none of those that I mentioned, Heavyweights....ever became anything. Ray

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
      Sugar ray seales
      Alex Ramos
      Curtis Parker
      Clarence Vinson
      Ricardo Williams
      James Broad
      Paul Gonzales
      Alberto Sandoval
      Jerome Coffee
      Rocky Juarez
      Brian Adams
      Audley Harrison
      Duane Bobick
      Gerry Cooney

Comment

More than ever became champions.

Comment

Marvis Frazier, Ronald Hearns (although he does have a world title fight so we can give him a bit of slack)

Comment

Working...
          X