Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: Deontay Wilder Has 2 or 3 Years Left in Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Anthony as much as I respect your boxing insight on this site I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. What originally made AJ the A side in the negotiations? His titles or his drawing power? I say that it was the latter.
    Both. Especially given that he beat better opponents for two of the three titles that he has.

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    However, Wilder has a chance of eclipsing AJ as the A side come December if he sells a massive amount of Pay per views globally. He would then become a global icon sensation over night.
    Not gonna happen. They are already wasting time with this "announcement" that should have happened weeks ago. Besides, it's not like Wilder or Fury are as popular as some may think they are. I seriously doubt that if the fight does take place that it does better numbers than Joshua-Klitschko outside of the US.

So is this about titles or money? If it's about titles then yes I would agree. He needs AJ in order to become the undisputed heavyweight champion but if it comes down to money; Not so much because Wilder is slowly becoming a global superstar in his own right.
    He's not even a superstar in America. If he was, then he would be selling out the Barclays Center with people rooting for him. In March, the fight was not sold out by any means and in 2016 those seats were mainly filled with Szpilka fans. He's not gaining much popularity here and the longer this thing draws out with Fury the worse it is for him.

So I can promise you that his fight with Tyson Fury would out sell and do a lot better at the box office than Joshua's mandatory with Povetkin.
    Even with a higher price point here in the US, if it was in Vegas or Brooklyn I'm not certain that it will have a bigger gate. They are not putting it in an arena as large as Wembley Stadium...that would be a foolish move.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
      Got it. When Joshua fought Breazeale and Whyte a few years ago, they weren’t ranked in the top 10 at the time. When he fought Wladimir, he was inactive for over 1 & 1/2 years and no longer ranked and 41 years old. When he fought Eric Molina, Wilder had already stopped him prior. When he fought Charles Martin, he won the title from a guy who got a vacant title after his opponent got injured. When he fought Takam, he had already lost to Parker and was stopped by Povetkin.

Technically Joshua has fought (2) ranked fighters in the top ten his ENTIRE CAREER, Takam and Parker.

Wilder beat Stiverne who was a champion that actually won the title without an opponent getting injured. He stopped Chris Arreola in a rematch for the WBC title who had only actually lost to (2) other fighters besides Stiverne at the time, Vitali & Adamek. Wilder also beat Molina when he was actually ranked as a HW, beat Szpilka who only had (1) lost to Bryan Jennings. He beat Luis Ortiz who was the 4th ranked HW at the time.

So let me ask you. Based on all of these FACTS that can be verified, who has fought more bums again? Know your boxing before you come at me fool. Go hard or go home!!!!
      You cannot be serious with this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        BARRY said they should wait because it will make more money down the road. It has no baring on what Joshua says. They are two different people making comments. They don't just merge together as one like it's coming from the same person. I thought you were smarter than that. Apparently not.
        They both are gonna have L's before 2020 or at least one of them will & the fight won't be as big when they aren't undefeated HW title holders.

If Barry legit thinks this fight will be bigger in 2020 he's being silly. Well I mean I guess if he thinks both guys keep winning then he's not wrong, but these guys are both HIGHLY beatable & I can't seem them both winning their next 3 fights to have this super fight in 2020.

And I'm not "merging together" anything. I'm saying its funny Barry said what he's said about when he wants this fight to happen & what Joshua is saying about Wilder being done around that same time.

If they've shared these remarks with each other who f#cking knows or cares. But there seems to be a narrative with what these two are saying with what I feel Hearn's strategy is with Joshua not fighting maybe the most risky fight out there for him today.

And thats a shame cuz I think Hearn is one of the best in the game, but I think he's way too concerned with Joshua losing & what that may or may not mean towards making max money with him & getting enough residual attention for Matchroom via Joshua's mainstream appeal. Hearn is playing the Joshua promotional game differently than he plays the other Matchroom fighters promotional game. And thats not how he's gotten where he's gotten by playing safe with his quality guys. People wanna see quality fights & if he's soft playing Joshua while avoiding Joshua's biggest threats...unless he gots dibs on the guy, but then again I think Whyte has like a 10% chance to beat Joshua in a rematch so idek about that all the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Fister View Post
          No wonder this coward won't fight him. He is trying to get him past his prime.... That's why Barry Hearn keeps saying 2 years before any fight
          Are you stupid?

Joshua been trying to get that phony in the ring for ages. He can't even get the guy around a negotiating table. He didn't go to AJ V Parker. He didn't show up in New York to work the fight out. He didn't respond to written offer, despite knowing that the WBA was putting major pressure + deadline on Joshua.

If you can't see who's a troll here, and who is trying to make this happen, you must be thick.

Did you know that Joshua's fu%^$#ing signature is on a deal that is in Wilder's lap to fight AJ at Wembley next spring?

Why hasn't your social media hero signed / responded got excited about it?

He's a ducking idiot that's why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Lololololol. I’m banning you from computer games. You can’t be trusted

https://goo.gl/images/ks1k7T
            Oh no, not that!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              “If you beat me and beat me in a rematch then you are set to be the king of the heavyweight division."

what in the world am I reading?

so you have to beat AJ twice in order to be considered legit?

He's talking about the fact that he'll have a rematch clause so a second fight will happen even if he loses. Are you too stupid to even understand the basics you lot?

Comment

• Originally posted by thack View Post
                AJ admits Povetkin means nothing to him and it doesn't mean much to the fans .Joshua will be knocking out Whtye again in April .Went to the first one, the second one is same result different venue. Whyte has not improved as i'd hoped he would and Joshua is not walking the walk.How embarrassing to ask for 50m and 'i'll sign tomorrow' and then refuse and blame his opponent .Guided by the Hearns... lol ...the old man ' the fight should marinaded for two years' what planet is that silly old drunken twat on?

It 's left for Tyson and Wilder to carry the torch and i'm 100% behind Tyson for having the balls ....any of this rubbish with the AJ. ppv's will have to come with a outstanding under card ......or it's gonna be a stream!
                Wilder is refusing to fight unless he gets half of the money. Anyone who thinks he's worth half is as stupid as Wilder himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                  Yeah, this stuff from AJ (combined with what Barry Hearn said the other week) is jaw-droppingly embarrassing to read. He can't even be bothered to pretend he wants to be great, give the fans the fights they want to see, and be the undisputed, lineal heavyweight champion of the world (!!).

And the British "fan-agers" come in to defend his duck strategy saying he doesn't need to fight Wilder... he can do whatever he wants and he can make money... and we still love him!!
                  Joshua has said he wants the fight though you idiot. Barry Hearn does not speak on behalf on AJ so forget what he says. But i'm sure you won't because you have a clear agenda. Soon you freaks will be saying Wilder is the A side. Trust me, I know how you freaks work. Delusion doesn't come close to describing you ****ing weirdos.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Yep, the same Wilder that went to Russia to fight a Povetkin that felt he needed PEDs to compete.

Where is AJ fighting ?
                    1) Wilder didn't fight Povetkin.

2) Wilder never set foot in Russia, he was in England.

3) The Povetkin fight is talking place in the UK because it makes sense to Povetkin and his side. They're happy with the money they're getting. Joshua actually has the money to get the big fights at home, unlike Wilder who lost the purse-bid because he brings nothing to the table.

Comment

• First off, the fact that AJ is thinking and talking about when Wilder will retire says a LOT.

Secondly AJ demanding that any HW has to beat him twice to be considered the best says even more.

The thought of a loss and a rematch to redeem yourself speaks to a lack of confidemce in oneself. He shouldnt think about being beat once let alone twice. He should be of the mindset that he needs no rematch clause because hes going to get the W. Not presetting himself up for failure by stressing the need for a rematch "just in case". There should be no just in case. Go in ready to win or die and dont give yourself the comfort of knowing u can just give up if you are losing because you have that rematch as insurance. Not saying dont get a rematch clause but stop talking about it as if its a tool you have. Should be an afterthought.

Comment

Working...
                      X