Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
    It was actually a cakewalk for quartey who should have been so far ahead on a legal scorecard that the 10-8 12th round shouldnt have mattered. From what I saw, DLH was controlled for 2 minutes and 50 seconds of rounds MOST OF THE FIGHT, then he'd throw s 6 punch combination to Quartey's elbows that would "win" him the round. That fight was disgusting. Not as bad as his fight with Sturm(that I scored 10-2 for Sturm but 9-3 is reasonable). Even de la hoya during the interview knew he lost that fight and couldn't even crack a smile.
    Truth. But like I said, an inactive Delahoya at 34 won 4 rounds atleast, it’s only rational and understandable to think he would have done better at 28/29. I mean you can’t do worse at your best right?

Comment

• If mushrooms grew in mouth we would eat them. Russian folk wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Truth. But like I said, an inactive Delahoya at 34 won 4 rounds atleast, it’s only rational and understandable to think he would have done better at 28/29. I mean you can’t do worse at your best right?
        Off course he would do better, and its logical to think so would the other guy do better if he was also in prime and not dealing with a 20lb weight handicap.

Comment

• If if if if i was smart I would be a rocket scientist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Off course he would do better, and its logical to think so would the other guy do better if he was also in prime and not dealing with a 20lb weight handicap.
            20lb advantage don’t mean ish if your past it. So Floyd was past it at 30? He peaked at 130lbs? Hmmm
            Floyd was at his best at that time. It was his choice not to let his hands go at higher weights not because he couldn’t.
            It’s only fair to say we’d base it on their performances at welter.

Comment

• I'd go with a prime DLH over a prime Mayweather. I'd also go with a prime DLH over prime Pacquiao.

Comment

of course. I'm not disagreeing with that. I know that floyd would have never fought Trinidad, Mosley, and tito at 147 had they been there in his prime. Never would have happened.

Comment

20lb advantage don’t mean ish if your past it. So Floyd was past it at 30? He peaked at 130lbs? Hmmm
                  Floyd was at his best at that time. It was his choice not to let his hands go at higher weights not because he couldn’t.
                  It’s only fair to say we’d base it on their performances at welter.
                  This is where you show ignorance, 20lb weight advantage is huge in boxing especially the top guys, as far as prime Floyd was not prime or near his best weight so don't make out he was, he was the most bloated and puffy as I have ever seen him.

Why is fair to say WW that is not Floyds best weight they both came from 130 and Floyd only went to WW for the money and big fights.

My point is to make this fight prime vs prime 135-140 that's fair for both guys and no weight advantage and its nip and tuck affair and could be Sweet Pea vs Oscar all over again.

Floyd beat a 20lb bigger ODH 2yrs before Manny beat a smaller than him 145 Oscar, and you start talking primes blah blah.

Could Manny beat the Oscar Floyd beat giving 20lbs away to Oscar, chew on that for awhile mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                    The fight would have looked more like the Pacquiao vs DLH fight. The second fight was contracted to happen at 147 instead of 154. DLH looked sluggish and poor against Forbes, his tune-up fight at 150. Too much weight to drop at his age, as we saw with him vs Pac the following year.

Imagine Floyd fighting the ghost version that Pac fought? DLH weighed 164 fight night vs Floyd, and weighed 147 fight night vs Pac. Do the math, and think with your head not your heart.
                    Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                    Thank you sir. Just simple math. Yet to these people, 5+5=55
                    Froid retired rather than face DLH. 0+0=0!

But if we are playing make believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      This is where you show ignorance, 20lb weight advantage is huge in boxing especially the top guys, as far as prime Floyd was not prime or near his best weight so don't make out he was, he was the most bloated and puffy as I have ever seen him.

Why is fair to say WW that is not Floyds best weight they both came from 130 and Floyd only went to WW for the money and big fights.

My point is to make this fight prime vs prime 135-140 that's fair for both guys and no weight advantage and its nip and tuck affair and could be Sweet Pea vs Oscar all over again.

Floyd beat a 20lb bigger ODH 2yrs before Manny beat a smaller than him 145 Oscar, and you start talking primes blah blah.

Could Manny beat the Oscar Floyd beat giving 20lbs away to Oscar, chew on that for awhile mate.
                      Like it or not there are limitations to that weight advantage. Would you favor a big past prime inactive middleweight over a small prime one? Hmmm i don’t think so.
                      Both started at 130 and have grown naturally like most athletes do as they age. Was floyd forever a 130lber size?? He just went to 147 because the money fights are there? No! They fkn outgrown their divisions. It is only logical to move up otherwise they’d be drained af.
                      Prime to prime I’d be backing Floyd at 147 to beat Prime Oscar as well if I have to choose a winner. But like I’ve pointed out since the start, it is only understandable and logical for Oscar to think he would’ve done better since he was even able to win 4 rounds at 34 being barely active.

Thing is it never happened and never will. So let’s just see it the way it’s supposed to be seen. Floyd beat a past prime Oscar, and let’s not give him credit like he beat a prime one just because he likely would have.

Pac beat an even more past prime Oscar, to even explain that is idiotic to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X