Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Pac-Bradley PPV did terrible; we lost money on the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how Bob blames everything except for the fact that no one liked the matchup. Truthfully, it turned out to be a thrilling fight, much better than expected, but nobody bought it because they had seen 2 Pac Bradleys already that were 24 rounds of the same thing.

Comment

good that this crap lost money. that will teach em

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        Arum wants to blame Mayweather/Pacquaio for the poor PPV performance. Yet, Mayweather/Berto made a profit, even though the purses in that fight were around $36 million. Pacquaio's piss poor PPV performance is Pacquaio's fault, not Mayweather's.
        Originally posted by Floyd

"Well, you know...I'm truly blessed. Um...I just do my job, which is to be a promoter. Berto's a hell of a fighter...a hell of a champion. You know...and it's funny, it's funny how some people were criticizing that fight talking about they weren't buying it, and I said I don't care, don't buy it. And then they bought it anyway. But when Bob Arum heavily promotes a fight, it does less than mine. But you know, I'm just thankful, truly blessed."
        Coming soon to FightHype

Comment

Bob has an ulterior motive, is he trying to reduce Manny's guarantee in contract negotiations?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
            He's delusional if he thinks it's cause PAC gay comments.
            Bob needs a scapegoat so he's going to blame Manny's remarks. But yeah. Arum is a f**king delusional tard of epic proportions.

Comment

Its ok they made more then enough in the Mayweather fight..

Comment

It is a fight NOBODY Asked for Bob! That is usually what happens when you force fights upon fans that NOBODY WANTS!

Not only that but the Trill Is Gone! Mayweather vs Pacquiao happened, it did not go like people hoped and prayed it would. No reason to keep watching either so both getting out just in time!

Comment

They gave us a trilogy no one asked for in the first place. Pac got robbed in the first fight and clearly won the second fight, there was no need for a third game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    How did it lose money if PPV alone would generate $28 mil at $70 and minimum 400k buys. Plus the gate and any overseas PPV?
                    It may not have made a ton but I doubt they lost money

If this figh lost money then the Floyd Berto debacle was worst but you don't see haymon or tmt crying about it
                    can you let Arum steal him money in peace man...damn

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      How did it lose money if PPV alone would generate $28 mil at $70 and minimum 400k buys. Plus the gate and any overseas PPV?
                      It may not have made a ton but I doubt they lost money

If this figh lost money then the Floyd Berto debacle was worst but you don't see haymon or tmt crying about it
                      Not to mention the sponsors like Tecate, etc..

Comment

Working...
                      X