Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Nasukawa - Fight Rules, Weight Limit, Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james240 View Post
    Why Japan? when the first fight did almost 4m ppv buys.
    I presume Floyd's people think it'd be huge and maybe he's got refs there or officials etc in his pocket already.

Or he loves fresh sushi.

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      I don't think these 2 are on the same page cuz Nasukawa acting like this is for all the marbles.
      Lol! Thats exactly what it sounds like, Nasukawa seems like his intentions are to blast him outta there To give his people at home a young mans testosterone fueled demolition demonstration! Ellerbe might have to intervene ....Floyd seems to be in total fun exibition mode, he'll whisper to him during the 1st round, "hey little buddy no need to go all like that, I mean you no harm"....

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        Idk why people are upset about this.

Didn’t Mike Tyson do an exhibition tour when he retired? He essentially did it to get out of debt, but it sounds pretty similar to this. Did anyone care when he did it.
        He did have a 3 round PPV exhibition. It was against Corey Sanders who was an old sparring partner...and everyone thought it would be against Corrie Sanders who fought the Klitschko's because of spelling of his name which would have been interesting...Corey vs Corrie. Tyson had to hold him up after almost knocking him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          He is not bigger than boxing, no one has the right to diss the sport like he is, it's a disgrace
          I mean, come on. If that’s the case The most popular fighters ever disgraced the sport. Ali did the practically the exact same thing, Tyson bit a fcking ear off. Boxing is full of steroids, crooked judges, shady promoters, champs holding belts hostage. The best not fighting the best. THATS A DISGRACE. What’s a disgrace is how we stop supporting the legends once they get to old to beat a kid they would have wipped the floor with in thier prime. There’s nothing wrong with this. Like it or not mayweather is an ATG. he is one of the select few that deserve to Milk this sport dry. Because we all know boxing has milked TO MANY legends.
          Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 12-07-2018, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            This is a cash grab plain and simple. Any retired boxer would take this kind of exhibition and truth be told, I see Manny doing the same thing when he finally 'retires'.
            And if manny does I hope I can be front fcking row.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              So essentially a sparring match?
              Yes and they should wear head-guards just to make it clear lol.

We dont want anyone confusing this sideshow with a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                Why doesnt he fight someone 4 weights above him instead of 4 weights below
                Probably because Floyd is retired, but Rizin apparently offered him tens of millions of dollars to spar with this guy for three rounds.

You can't really be mad at someone who is retired for not turning down tens of millions of dollars to spar a midget.

Haters acting like this fight was Mayweather's idea and that he picked this cat. Its not. Rizin picked this midget to spar Floyd and offered Floyd tens of millions for it. And you really think Floyd should have said no, and then Floyd should have challenged a heavyweight?

You are wondering why a person didn't turn down tens of millions to spar someone much smaller, and instead challenge someone much bigger, who isn't offering Floyd tens of millions of dollars?

Geez, really, what is wrong with Floyd? He should have turned down $40 million because it is too easy. What a coward. Only a real low-life coward would accept $40 million for nine minutes of work.

The good news is if you want to see one of the best active boxers in the world fight someone bigger, you can watch Deontay Wilder and/or you can watch Mikey Garcia. I'm sure both of them would turn down tens of millions to spar someone smaller for three rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                  I presume Floyd's people think it'd be huge and maybe he's got refs there or officials etc in his pocket already.

Or he loves fresh sushi.
                  Yes, Floyd has officials in his pocket for a nine minute sparring session with no judges. Really, why didn't Floyd turn down tens of millions to spar a midget in Japan?

You do realize Rizin is the one who made the offer. Floyd was enjoying retirement, and someone offered him tens of millions to spar for three rounds against a midget. And you honestly cannot understand why Floyd didn't turn it down?

Hey, at least you have something to talk about on the short bus with all your friends.

Comment

Garbage. this is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Undefeated boxing legend Floyd "Money" Mayweather and sensational RIZIN Fighting Federation star Tenshin Nasukawa will battle in a special exhibition fight on New Year's Eve from Saitama Prefecture Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      If this does 1m buys...........

Comment

Working...
                      X