Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermell Charlo Beats Hurd, Enters Pound-For-Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermell Charlo Beats Hurd, Enters Pound-For-Pound

IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence believes training stablemate Jermell Charlo "is definitely a top-10 pound-for-pound fighter" if the 154-pound champion some day "convincingly" unifies against Jarrett Hurd, adding the latter's IBF, IBO and WBA crowns to his WBC version.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Charlo transformed his projected “toughest fight” in October 2017 against southpaw Erickson Lubin (19-1, 14 KOs) into his third career first-round stoppage and a Knockout Of The Year candidate at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

“The Iron Man” finished Lubin in 2:41 with a right uppercut that sent “The Hammer” crashing to the canvas straight down on his left leg before teetering to his right. Lubin’s left arm and leg flailed as referee Harvey Dock ended it."

People act like this didn't happen lol Not only were people saying he'd lose, but even the PBC production team was gassing Lubin before the fight like he'd win lol

But yet people still complain...

If he beats Hurd, people finally need to shut up and give props where due.

Both Charlos have overcome a lot of boxing politics/bias to get where they are. They weren't anybody's "guys" until very recently. I respect that grind.
    Last edited by Butch.McRae; 11-18-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Good Luck to both Champions, Hurd & Charlo! I think Tony Harrison is going to give Charlo all the work he wants! He was giving it to Hurd too! I just don't know if he has the stamina to deal with Charlo for 12! Hurd vs. Charlo will be tremendous, but unfortunately, I heard Jarret Hurd says this weekend, that he intends to fight again early 2019, and then Charlo! That's no Bueno! I want Charlo vs. Hurd ASAP! MAN UP!

Lara vs. Castano, Julian "J-Rock" Williams vs. Takeshi Inoue! Make It Happen! Showtime, where's the 2019 schedule? Where's the announcements! Let's Go!

Comment

Spence should move up to 154 if he can`t get top 147 fights. Fighting guys like Mikey is wasting time.

Comment

Spence the over rated bum who's gonna fight a light weight next hasn't beaten one good fighter so far yet he's talking about the charlo clown who even has a worse resume. Isn't this the clown who will fight the bum monroe jr who got smashed by golovkin?! Spence's best win is against some over hyped brawler from England who talks about cookies and what not. Study spence's fights and you'll see how easy he gets hit and how limited his abilities are. About the charlo sisters I don't even need to talk, so far all c and d level opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            "Charlo transformed his projected “toughest fight” in October 2017 against southpaw Erickson Lubin (19-1, 14 KOs) into his third career first-round stoppage and a Knockout Of The Year candidate at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

“The Iron Man” finished Lubin in 2:41 with a right uppercut that sent “The Hammer” crashing to the canvas straight down on his left leg before teetering to his right. Lubin’s left arm and leg flailed as referee Harvey Dock ended it."

People act like this didn't happen lol Not only were people saying he'd lose, but even the PBC production team was gassing Lubin before the fight like he'd win lol

But yet people still complain...

If he beats Hurd, people finally need to shut up and give props where due.

Both Charlos have overcome a lot of boxing politics/bias to get where they are. They weren't antibodies "guys" until very recently. I respect that grind.
            You said it... IF he beats Hurd.
            I don't see him beating Hurd though...
            But if he does then I'll definitely give him props.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Spence should move up to 154 if he can`t get top 147 fights. Fighting guys like Mikey is wasting time.
              Why move up to 154 when you can "Dare to be great" and move down to 140?

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                Spence the over rated bum who's gonna fight a light weight next hasn't beaten one good fighter so far yet he's talking about the charlo clown who even has a worse resume. Isn't this the clown who will fight the bum monroe jr who got smashed by golovkin?! Spence's best win is against some over hyped brawler from England who talks about cookies and what not. Study spence's fights and you'll see how easy he gets hit and how limited his abilities are. About the charlo sisters I don't even need to talk, so far all c and d level opponents.
                Well, but that over hyped brawler form England beat Porter, who is WBC ww champ right now. Just saying.

Comment

I want jermell to win but hurd has faced tougher competition recently which could sway the bout in his favour, momentum is a powerful thing even with the shoulder injury,the Lara fight happened this year and he's also returning this year so he's active PS:hurd saying he wants another fight in his hometown is bs to me..you can do that if you're confident enough after you face charlo,boxing 'hardcore' clowns still accuse charlo of ducking no matter what though,this fight has to happen in the first quarter of 2019 asap!

Comment

Spence saying that Charlo is building a resume and that his resume will be capped off nicely when, not if, he beats Hurd - he'll have a resume that lifts him into P4P top 10.

So I guess he thinks his resume is enough to have him in the top 10? It's not. He's in the top 10 based on th eeyeball factor and a win over Kell Brook. That's it. Nothing else.

People criticised Golovkin because his resume wasn't that strong until he fought Jacobs, but as his resume stood then it was as strong if not stronger than Spence's resume is now.

Spence should be screaming out every day for Porter, Garcia and Thurman. And every other day for Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                    X