Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if postol is so good how come hes such a massive underdog....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if postol is so good how come hes such a massive underdog....

taylor (basically a novice) is 1/9 favourite to beat him. and in the thread i did, postol was the consensus choice as crawfords best win.
    what the hell does it say about his CV if an 11 fight novice is that strong a favourite to beat his best opponent?
    Does taylor go on the p4p list if he does a number on postol? Postol seems to be rated incredibly highly so it must be seen as a very high quality win? I know hes coming off a loss but so was brook and people threw spence on the p4p list after beating him so will we see taylor on there?

Postol lost 12-0 to Crawford, including some knockdowns and has fought once in two years since. That's probably factored in also. Sometimes fighters aren't the same after a loss. Crawford ruined Gamboa as a 2-1 underdog and perhaps that's a reference that after a guy is taken apart by Crawford he's not the same. Tito Trinidad used to do that with highly touted guys too, unbeaten ones also.

Comment

His last fight was against a young nobody and looked bad, he got a gift decision, touched the floor with the gloves twice after being hit on the very first round and not counted. It could have been that he didn't take that guy seriously.

Comment

So in other words, Crawford is a hype job. Is that what you're aiming for?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          im saying he hasnt proven anything worth a damn to be elevated to the level hes touted to be at. someone was telling me he's fighter of the decade. his best win is a massive underdog against josh taylor ffs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
            im saying he hasnt proven anything worth a damn to be elevated to the level hes touted to be at. someone was telling me he's fighter of the decade. his best win is a massive underdog against josh taylor ffs lol.
            He's easily beaten everyone he's faced and cleared out an entire division. Stop this revisionist history bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              He's easily beaten everyone he's faced and cleared out an entire division. Stop this revisionist history bull****.
              its ****ing no wonder he has with that level of opposition lol. clearing out a division sounds less impressive when said division is absolute garbage.

Comment

Unfortunately there isn't much going on at 140 and as we both know, it's very tough to get the best to fight each other at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  basically op is a mess

Comment

its ****ing no wonder he has with that level of opposition lol. clearing out a division sounds less impressive when said division is absolute garbage.
                    yet you called GG greatest mw of all time for beating david lemuix gtfo

Comment

Working...
                    X