Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume? Thurman or GGG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem is Thurman's inactivity. Fighting only once per year he barely keeps himself eligible for P4P status, regardless of titles. In terms of wins and quality of opposition I'd rank them about even.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Jacobs & Nelo beat lil g and the world knows even the lil g fans know they just say different.....

Thurman beat porter, DSG, Robert Guerrero, Luis Collazo, Jesús Soto Karass, Carlos Quintana. Not the best but known fighters. The good wins were Porter & Danny Garcia. Cant dispute that.

Loma does not belong on any P4P List with 10 fights unless he beat at least 8 champions out of the ten fights that he has had.
      Lmao, no he fukin didn't.

Comment

Thurman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

golokvin but thurman isnt far behind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
            Golovkin is no.1 on the Rings P4P list and Thuman isn't even on the list. I haven't got a problem with GG at no.1 (even though Loma is the best IMO). I do have an issue with the WBC and WBA Welterweight champion being left off.

Are wins over Murray, Lem & Jacobs that much better than Shawn Porter and DSG?.
            I think GGG's resume is much better. GGG has 19 successful title defenses winning 17 of them by KO compared to only 7 successful title defenses for Thurman with only 3 wins by KO. Thurman's wins over Garcia and Porter were very close while GGG knocked out both Lemieux and Murray. I think GGG beat Canelo by 116 to 112. Nobody has ever hurt GGG while Thurman has been hurt several times. I think Jacobs and Canelo are better fighters than anybody Thurman every fought. All things considered I think GGG's resume is much better and deservess the number 1 spot although I wouldn't argue with someone making Loma or Crawford number 1. Thurman has an excellent resume and I have him in the top 10 PFP at number 10. His resume might be better than Spence's resume but my eyes tell me Spence is better than Thurman so I rank him higher than Thurman PFP.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
              Golovkin is no.1 on the Rings P4P list and Thuman isn't even on the list. I haven't got a problem with GG at no.1 (even though Loma is the best IMO). I do have an issue with the WBC and WBA Welterweight champion being left off.

Are wins over Murray, Lem & Jacobs that much better than Shawn Porter and DSG?.
              I don't rate dsg all too high but I actually think he should be somewhere around the bottom of the 10 p4p list. I can see him going up to 154 and beating all the belt holder and be at least 50/50 with Lara

Comment

Thurman needs to be on people's p4p list, if you don't have him you might as well not make a p4p list anymore..

That said GGG's resume > Thurman's.. you can't cut it any other way..

IMO #1 p4p with Ward gone should be Crawford..

The poll results are funny though..

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  I'd probably put Spence on my list instead. He looked more impressive against his best opponent, Kell Brook, who I consider a better welterweight than Thurman's best opponents
                  Yeah but it's just one win. Algieri is also a good win but Pac and Khan already beat him.

I think when Spence puts the scalp on Thurman then the debate is over. Spence will have to be in the p4p #1 conversation.

Comment

They're pretty even

Golovkin fought 5 World champions, Thurman 6 World Champions

Canelo stands out the most in both of their resumes but Golovkin had a draw against him

Comment

When did Jacobs become a great fighter? Wasn't that long ago fans were calling him a chinny bum because of the Pirog fight. Leading up to the fight the consensus was that he would be another easy TKO victory for 97G. Now he counts as a great win? What happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X