Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2656 Post(s)
anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,487,907,003.35
Total Points: 11,791,819,141.39
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 
An award for being a bltch - apples Great posts. Pass that knowledge along. - 1bad65 Cheers, yourself! - siablo14 One of the best posters on the board. - Bobby Deez Cheers brother!  Real OGs rock the Fred Sanford sig!  :lol1: - Redd Foxx 
Default Are TRAINERS the Problem?

I've read several articles and seen several videos lately that have brought up the opinion that trainers are not teaching fighters properly anymore. Basically anyone can be a trainer and many often do not have any experience or any idea about what they are actually doing and so a lot of fighters out there are not benefiting from being trained by experienced veteran trainers who know what they're doing. I know there are some big names out like Freddie Roach, Robert Garcia and others, but they do seem to be on the decline.

Any thoughts?
anthonydavid11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-23-2016, 08:05 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
SunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond reputeSunSpace has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,142,758.43
May You Have Many of These - Enayze A very aware individual - siablo14 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JimRaynor 

Pretty much anyone can be a trainer, and there are those that don't know what they're doing. However, it's the same with almost anything in life. There are people that don't perform well at their jobs, and those that excel. What are you going to do, though, if you're a fighter? All you can hope for is to be surrounded by the right people or find them.
SunSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:07 PM #3
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 8478 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 259,438,450,547,651,424.00
Total Points: 289,438,450,547,643,200.00
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 

That's an ignorant, know-it-all attitude. It's not like personal training/fitness. In a boxing gym, it quickly becomes apparent if a guy doesn't know what he's doing and he certainly doesn't accidentally end up training elite fighters. For you to assume you can sit there and make judgments, as if you know more than people who do this as their full-time jobs, and that these world-class fighters have no clue that they are being poorly trained, makes you sound like a fool.

Training is about communication. Some people click with others, some don't. Boxing exercises are simple but observing what more a fighter can do and communicating that to them is where the science of training gets deep. The trainer-fighter relationship is a lot more complex than you're realizing. It's not an easy equation and great trainer + great fighter does not necessarily = wins.

Last edited by Redd Foxx; 02-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:13 PM #4
32 Time World Champion

Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,938,165,601,876,103,168.00
Total Points: 26,938,174,832,876,990,464.00
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Bo Jackson tecmo bowl lol - El-blanco I went to see a moving picture the other day. - Vegemil 

That's a broad statement. If a trainer brought up a fighter through the amateurs to the world class stage he clearly knows what he's doing.

I respect the guy making moves and building contenders over the guys making YouTube videos or typing articles.
-PBP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:21 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 715 Post(s)
PK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond reputePK3434 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 85,922.81

I've noticed that many of the ex-fighting journeyman trainers know what they are doing but are simply unable to give proper instructions between rounds because of brain damage, poor speech etc. they are just too slow to say what they really want to say
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:41 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,246,310.71
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

I happen to think the opposite. I think fighter's are too quick to blame trainer's and not take the responsibility for their losses or have too much pride to admit they lost a fight.

DLH was a textbook example of this. He'd change Trainer's like a fart changed directions and still blames his loss on Tito to his trainer but doesn't admit he ran like a chick waiting in line for stockings at Dillards.
jri9d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 PM #7
Contender

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Teddy05 is a name known to allTeddy05 is a name known to allTeddy05 is a name known to allTeddy05 is a name known to allTeddy05 is a name known to allTeddy05 is a name known to all
Total Points: 7,467.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
That's an ignorant, know-it-all attitude. It's not like personal training/fitness. In a boxing gym, it quickly becomes apparent if a guy doesn't know what he's doing and he certainly doesn't accidentally end up training elite fighters. For you to assume you can sit there and make judgments, as if you know more than people who do this as their full-time jobs, and that these world-class fighters have no clue that they are being poorly trained, makes you sound like a fool.

Training is about communication. Some people click with others, some don't. Boxing exercises are simple but observing what more a fighter can do and communicating that to them is where the science of training gets deep. The trainer-fighter relationship is a lot more complex than you're realizing. It's not an easy equation and great trainer + great fighter does not necessarily = wins.
You see Kirkland's last trainer lol
Teddy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Zaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,000,035,370.16

Who says these things? I know I've heard from other trainers, but I just thought they were trying to hype themselves up by saying other trainers don't know the stuff they know.
Zaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2656 Post(s)
anthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond reputeanthonydavid11 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,487,907,003.35
Total Points: 11,791,819,141.39
Here's to a good boxing discussion - BoxingFan85 Back at ya.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx cheers my friend - Canelo and GGG Interesting Topics - 1hourRun one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
cheers homie - Mike D Thanks! - MDPopescu ATG Duran!! - -KULT- War AD11 - Mike D No Message - punchr 
cheers - -Freddy- This Drink is on Me - JimRaynor fuck you faggot.  you are a bitch, as is your boyfriend Leroy.  gay ass cockscuker.  piece of shit - HAMMER77777 Its Hammer not Homer, faggot.  Now sit down and shut up.  Boss has Spoken.  :D - HAMMER77777 sit down and shut the fuck up before i personally ban your asss.  And trust me, thats the best case scenario for you, among my many range of options.  faggot - HAMMER77777 
An award for being a bltch - apples Great posts. Pass that knowledge along. - 1bad65 Cheers, yourself! - siablo14 One of the best posters on the board. - Bobby Deez Cheers brother!  Real OGs rock the Fred Sanford sig!  :lol1: - Redd Foxx 

Well, I've read it on many posts and sites. I see a lot of fighters who don't know how to fight on the inside fighting at the world class level. It makes me wonder what the problem is. There are a few like Brandon Rios who isn't bad, but he's not great either. GGG is a good one. I don't know. Seems like every fight is two guys keeping things on the outside and waiting for the other to make a mistake. Of course, the referees have a part in that as well.
anthonydavid11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:53 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
imperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 67,240.57

The problem is there aren't any great trainers or a good amount of them
imperial1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
problem?, trainers

User Tag List