No announcement yet.

Edwin Rosario ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Rosario ?

Anybody else know he was left handed? But fought orthodox? I just found out. How common is this fact?

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
    Anybody else know he was left handed? But fought orthodox? I just found out. How common is this fact?
    I believe Miguel Cotto, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Delahoya, and Victor Ortiz are all left handed.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      I believe Miguel Cotto, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Delahoya, and Victor Ortiz are all left handed.
      Ortiz is a right handed southpaw I believe.

You're correct on all the others.

John H Stracey is another example of a left handed orthodox fighter.

Comment

Yeah those guys I knew about. I just learned today about rosario though. Lots of converts. I dont believe converts are bad. Its whatever works for that person.

Comment

Hard to believe he was, his right hand was deadly!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Ortiz is a right handed southpaw I believe.

You're correct on all the others.

John H Stracey is another example of a left handed orthodox fighter.
            You're right about Ortiz. I was mistaken on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
              I'd say it's about as commonly known as the fact, he preferred freshwater fishing to boxing throughout his life..
              One of my favourite lightweights of all time, was gutted when he was edged out by the back peddling and, comparatively negative Camacho.. And in my element, when he came back and showed everyone what he was all about, to destroy Livingstone Bramble who'd done much the same to Ray Mancini.. Early to mid 80's saw some very good lightweights in their prime, and Rosario, had the best right hand of the lot.
              Must've had something to do with all the fish he reeled in with it

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                I'd say it's about as commonly known as the fact, he preferred freshwater fishing to boxing throughout his life..
                One of my favourite lightweights of all time, was gutted when he was edged out by the back peddling and, comparatively negative Camacho.. And in my element, when he came back and showed everyone what he was all about, to destroy Livingstone Bramble who'd done much the same to Ray Mancini.. Early to mid 80's saw some very good lightweights in their prime, and Rosario, had the best right hand of the lot.
                Must've had something to do with all the fish he reeled in with it
                Yeah, his right was just brutal. Annihilated Edwin Viruet with it who was one of the toughest, most durable lightweights of that era. He was well past his best, but still it was the first time he was down properly (apart from a flash knockdown against Goss) and the first time he was stopped.

It was also set up beautifully by Rosario, left hook, slides to his right and then throws the counter right. Viruet still got up and was ready to go, tough as nails, but the ref smartly stopped it.

Comment

You're right about Ortiz. I was mistaken on that one.
                  I think it was a mistake. I think that fact made Ortiz very easy to knockdown and he was constantly getting into bad positions because it messed with his footwork. He would square up and always brought his left (back) foot forward after throwing the left sad if he wanted to naturally move into an orthodox stance. Made him easy to counter and get hit while out of position.

Comment

Damn, I had no idea either of these guys was left handed. Especially DLH. That would probably explain the power of his left hook.

Comment

Working...
                    X