Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Freddie Roach always have the wrong gameplay for Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    He had the right game plan going into the fourth fight, you can't really blame the trainer when his fighter decides to do something reckless. Well I suppose you can, but it isn't the game plan at fault, what is at fault is him not ironing certain tendencies out of Pacquiao.
    This. They incorporated way more head movement and feints. It was working beautifully until the 3rd and 6th. The 3rd, JMM caught Manny being lazy, and in the 6th, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      There is a school of thought that you play to your own strengths and not your opponents weaknesses
      This.

For the most part he had the right game
      Plan other then those 2 punches landed

Comment

I know people will jump all over me for saying this, but Pac had the right strategies for the wrong fights in the 3rd and 4th Marquez fights.

He fought cautious and boxed more in the 3rd, which he should have done in the 4th fight when Marquez was slower and trying for the big shot.

He fought reckless in the 4th, which he should have done in the 3rd when Marquez wasn't trying to wipe him out with a single shot and didn't train for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I know people will jump all over me for saying this, but Pac had the right strategies for the wrong fights in the 3rd and 4th Marquez fights.

He fought cautious and boxed more in the 3rd, which he should have done in the 4th fight when Marquez was slower and trying for the big shot.

He fought reckless in the 4th, which he should have done in the 3rd when Marquez wasn't trying to wipe him out with a single shot and didn't train for it.
          That's actually a pretty good assessment, although I think JMM is always gonna do his JMM thing against Manny. Be patient, and counter with combos.

You can argue that if he fought cautious in the 4th fight, he wouldn't have been winning those rounds like he was. JMM was still ripping him with some very nice counter shots.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            he has the right game plan...the only problem is; during the HBO faceoff, they show it to JMM like a couple of douchebags
            LOL

But seriously Roach has fallen off, Michael Moorer was a better strategist than Roach, Moorer is the guy who saw all Hattons flaws and taught Pacman that counter he hit Hatton with.

I have no clue why Roach fired him, Moorer was much more useful he had a boxing brain and was always making these little adjustments on Pacman and studying tape, he never tried to change Manny but would make minor adjustments that worked.

Roach is pretty much pure offense. His plan is always we need to bum rush Marquez lol, stupidest plan ever. Seriously you would think Roach would realize that throwing combos with Manny doesn't work you have to let him chase you down and than counter him with single shots and side step and duck low because it takes Marquez power away.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              He had the right game plan going into the fourth fight, you can't really blame the trainer when his fighter decides to do something reckless. Well I suppose you can, but it isn't the game plan at fault, what is at fault is him not ironing certain tendencies out of Pacquiao.
              He didn't do anything more reckless than his normal style. He was beating Marquez up, and was ahead. He also had that last round easily until he tripped over Marquez's foot and fell face-first into that lucky punch that Marquez threw and couldn't see where it was going. You should look at the video, it was all done in a flash because of the quick movements.

Comment

Working...
              X