Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: If I Have No Chin, Why Doesn't Garcia Fight Me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khan wants all these rematche... garcia, and peterson but wont give maidana one

Comment

• Lopez, Garcia and Ortiz are not good fights for Khan.

Senchenko is the best option imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Lopez, Garcia and Ortiz are not good fights for Khan.

Senchenko is the best option imo.
        I think Lopez would be a good option to see if he can learn to properly handle a pressure fighter. I don't think he hits as hard as Garcia/Maidana, but he has a lot of grit and will tell us if Khan can successfully stick to a game-plan. Chino took him outta his game-plan, Peterson did too. Can Hunter make a difference?

There's also a possibility that all the weight-jumping could have some side-effects for Lopez, so maybe Khan should take the risk.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 01-14-2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I think Lopez would be a good option to see if he can learn to properly handle a pressure fighter. I don't think he hits as hard as Garcia/Maidana, but he has a lot of grit and will tell us if Khan can successfully stick to a game-plan. Chino took him outta his game-plan, Peterson did too. Can Hunter make a difference?

There's also a possibility that all the weight-jumping could have some side-effects for Lopez, so maybe Khan should take the risk.
          I think Khan should take it slow. He will not change styles overnight, it will take him at least a year imo.

Lopez has great handspeed and that could trouble Khan who is used to having by far the faster hands against his opponents and he is gritty as you say. It's a banana-skin imo.

While a genuine 147lber Senchenko is slower by comparison and a better opponent against whom to develop his new style imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I think Khan should take it slow. He will not change styles overnight, it will take him at least a year imo.

Lopez has great handspeed and that could trouble Khan who is used to having by far the faster hands against his opponents and he is gritty as you say. It's a banana-skin imo.

While a genuine 147lber Senchenko is slower by comparison and a better opponent against whom to develop his new style imo.
            I was under the impression that he'd be staying at 140lb for his next fight, and not going up. If he stays at 140, fight Lopez. If he goes up, fight Senchenko.

Comment

• He did lose two fights back to back but didn't Peterson Amit's to taking steroids during the khan fight and failed the rematch drug test? And let not talk about the ref,,he clearly would have won that fight if on even terms,,,and the Danny fight, he was clearly out classing Danny untill he got hit with what I thought was a very great lucky shot....people don't give khan his credit he one of the best at 140

Comment

• I NEVER RECOVERED from that big left hook, so you know he's gonna say all sorts.

Comment

• Khan the question is why don't you give Maidana or Prescott a re-match, every time you lose you expect re-matches but you never offer the same privelege to Maidana - you are both looking for an opponent in April so get it on - Garcia has said when asked this question - why should I give you a re-match the fight was won convincingly no questions aked you where KO'd in Room 4 of a 12 round fight this was'nt taken to the latter stages. Gracia's world does'nt revolve around Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    Khan the question is why don't you give Maidana or Prescott a re-match, every time you lose you expect re-matches but you never offer the same privelege to Maidana - you are both looking for an opponent in April so get it on - Garcia has said when asked this question - why should I give you a re-match the fight was won convincingly no questions aked you where KO'd in Room 4 of a 12 round fight this was'nt taken to the latter stages. Gracia's world does'nt revolve around Khan.
                    Prescott beat Khan you muppet. And he's asking for a rematch. Not the same. There's no money in a Maidana rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Prescott beat Khan you muppet. And he's asking for a rematch. Not the same. There's no money in a Maidana rematch.
                      Please read my quote again - I know Prescott beat him and my point is Prescott wants a re-match which Khan does not want to give him as does Maidana - with regards to the money there's no evidence backing that up - I think there's more money to be made than he made against Carlos Molina - there fight will be marketed correctly as they both come under the Golden Boy Promotions.

Comment

Working...
                      X