Mayweather: "I'll only fight Martinez at 150 lbs, I'll fight Cotto at 154."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Well, he's not.

When did Mayweather say; "I will ONLY fight Martinez at 150"? That right there is a quote directly out the TS ass.

When did Mayweather say; "I will only fight Martinez at 150, I'll fight Cotto at 154?"

When was that said?

How can you put quote marks on something like it's a direct quote from Floyd Mayweather when he hasn't said it?

Secondly, the thread is about a fan asking Dan Rafael about Mayweather's words in the media yet the title of the thread is a made up quote?

Thirdly, Mayweather has never said that he won't fight Martinez at 154.
    I'm still waiting for an answer to that question. Not expecting one though.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
      You'll never get a legit source, because he never said that. He responded to a reporter who told him that Martinez said he'd come down to 150 to face him, and would he be interested in that. He said something like "sure he'd fight him if he came down". Mayweather haters (pac fans) will take anything and put their own twist on it. But I don't expect anything less from them. They ignore facts and make up $#!t to help them sleep at night.
      Well I didn't mean for it to look like I was quoting him word for word. I was attempting to state two separate truths that he could be held to. I don't know how to change the title. Delete the thread. I should have been more careful with the wording. The fact is though, Mayweather was willing to do both those things.

But if people are offended, I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        If he says he'll fight martinez at 150, are you telling me you think that also means he'll fight Martinez at 154? or 153? It means 150.
        It doesn't mean he would ONLY fight him at 150 which you used as a direct quote that he never said.

Fighting him at 150 and only fighting him at 150 are two totally different things.

Comment

If he says he'll fight martinez at 150, are you telling me you think that also means he'll fight Martinez at 154? or 153? It means 150.
          dude, ur ******ed. saying u will fight him at 150 does not mean u wont fight him at 154. thats faulty logic. but i guess u dont know any better. u made up a quote. just say that.

Comment

Thread closed , TS has been proven to be a dickhead making up lies and now trying to play word games to save face , wipe the egg of you mush and move on , and quit lying to spin hate !

Comment

This is one of those 'sad but funny' moments. Floyd never challenged Sergio at a catchweight, never asked for a catchweight, never even mentioned a catchweight.

Some reporter BROUGHT UP the fact that SERGIO OFFERED to drop to 150 to fight EITHER PAC OR Mayweather.

Look at the interview on youtube by Doug Fischer for ******.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p57YTveMnxk

The IRONY in these Pac fans even trying to twist this is the fact that Sergio only offered to drop to 150 because the PAC CAMP brought up the catchweight in the first place.

Gabriel_Montoya Gabriel Montoya™
              When asked about Pacquiao vs. @maravillabox Freddie Roach told myself and @LIITRBOXING "Come down to 150." #boxing

It's old news, I can't believe things have gotten so bad that Pac fans need to try and blamed FLOYD for a CATCHWEIGHT that PAC's camp brought up in the first place.

Comment

Disclaimer: The title is not a quote of Mayweather. It is too separate documented things he said he was willing to do. It's paraphrased and the quotes should be removed. At the end of the day, those are the things he said he'd be willing to do. But that's besides the point as that is not the thread's main point. It's simply about the reality that CW's have existed for a long time and have a place in boxing.

Note: This thread was inspired by a fan in Fat Dan's Chat. Also, all Pacquiao and Mayweather huggers please exit this thread now. I know you won't listen, but it was worth a shot. Here we go:

The fact that Mayweather is willing to fight Cotto at 154 but would make Martinez drop to 150 speaks volumes.

Obviously the issue of weight has nothing to do with caring whether or not his opponent is comfortable, but more about he doesn't feel he needs to adjust his weight to win. And if he can overcome a small sticking point and insult Pac at the same time? All the better. If Mayweather/JMM didn't tell you that Mayweather doesn't care about CW's, then I guess you aren't going to get it.

With that said though, it's not just Mayweather. Pac has used catchweights. Cotto attempted to make Margario fight below 154 for their rematch(so for everyone, Cotto included, b*tching about CWs? What a joke.) And throughout boxing history, many, many fighters have used catchweights.

It's all a matter of one fighter having more clout than his opponent, a genuine need for a catchweight between two fighters from different weight classes, or a CW being treated as a bargaining chip in a negotiation. At the end of the day, they exist, they aren't great. BUT they are a part of boxing and there are many guilty parties.

What are you talking about today Drew?

In other words, you used the title as a bait thread only for us to click the thread and realize you admittingly denounced the bait title so the mods won't delete the thread.

You're in need of that much attention today Drew?

Give it a break.

Comment

Well, he's not.

When did Mayweather say; "I will ONLY fight Martinez at 150"? That right there is a quote directly out the TS ass.

When did Mayweather say; "I will only fight Martinez at 150, I'll fight Cotto at 154?"

When was that said?

How can you put quote marks on something like it's a direct quote from Floyd Mayweather when he hasn't said it?

Secondly, the thread is about a fan asking Dan Rafael about Mayweather's words in the media yet the title of the thread is a made up quote?

Thirdly, Mayweather has never said that he won't fight Martinez at 154.
                  TS duckin and dodging this post like the plague

Comment

The fact is we don't know what he means.

Hence the fact you quoting Mayweather saying something he didn't actually say is very stupid.

When Mayweather was asked whether he would accept Martinez Challenge at 150 he replied and said; "Yes."

Not once has he been asked if he would fight him if Martinez now said he will only fight at 154.

And not once has Mayweather stated he refuses to fight Martinez above 150.

Thus rendering your thread worthless and stupid.

Comment

Why is the thread title a quote from Mayweather when the thread is about a fan asking a question to Dan Rafael?

What's next?

Fan : Is Pacquaio gay?

Dan Rafael : I don't know, maybe?

Thread: Pacquaio : "I'm gay".
                      lol

Comment

Working...
                      X