Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt GGG dominate or destroy Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ggg fans are McGregor fans.

Take it easy on them these last two months have been hard on Them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      Why was Floyd's only legitimate stoppage in 10 years against a UFC fighter making his debut?
      Why are you even bringing up floyd? This thread is about GGG. Face it GGG isnt a great fighter.

Comment

I doubt we see Canelo dominated again or (destroyed) until now and the end of his career. He's a real top tier fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          Why are you even bringing up floyd? This thread is about GGG. Face it GGG isnt a great fighter.
          Because Larry is a Floyd fan who who has double standards.

I'm saying Floyd isn't a great fighter either then going by Larry's logic. Going life and death and arguably losing against the likes of Maidana and Castillo who really are not on Canelo's level. Would a great fighter really do that?

Also while we're on the topic of Floyd. GGG did something Floyd has never been willing to do, fight an elite fighter in their prime.
          Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-17-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Why was this such a close fight?? what did Canelo do that was so effective?? where was GGG's power?? where was the big drama show?
            If nelo fought to win like hearns did against Hagler rather than to surrvive ggg would have got him out of there.
            If hearns back tracked against Hagler he would have survived longer but then there would not be greatest fight of all time

Comment

Lmfao you slappy heads were praying for bumnelo to win and he gets a gift draw so now you guys resort to these threads

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Neither guy is great but both are elite and very good and they are the best of the current crop which is rather poor quality over all.
                Fair enough...but in that type of situation, the young prime guy is supposed to win. It's like the draw is good enough cuz he was fighting ggg.

Comment

I'm saying Floyd isn't a great fighter either then going by Larry's logic. Going life and death and arguably losing against the likes of Maidana and Castillo who really are not on Canelo's level. Would a great fighter really do that?
                  You can't say that cause he's already beaten elite level guys with ease.....GGG only looks good against straight up bums which is why his resume is litered with them. The only two times he has stepped up in his career he arugably lost.
                  Last edited by Xi_; 09-17-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Also while we're on the topic of Floyd. GGG did something Floyd has never been willing to do, fight an elite fighter in their prime.
                    Corrales, Canelo, and Hatton were all prime and elite and floyd beat em easy. You're a ****ing GGGtard with no shame trying compare GGG to floyd lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                      Corrales, Canelo, and Hatton were all prime and elite and floyd beat em easy. You're a ****ing GGGtard with no shame trying compare GGG to floyd lmao.
                      Canelo was prime? Not at all. Also i still consider it a good win for Floyd, a very good win, but Canelo was not prime yet.

Hatton elite? he was a very good fighter at 140 but showed in his outing at 147 v Collazo he didn't belong above 140. Hatton was never elite either, but he was very good, underrated by some but not elite either.

Corrales is the best win of Floyd's career and great win.

I'll always give credit where credit is due. Floyd is probably the best of his era, the time he lasted in the sport at the top level is exceptional but i call a spade a spade too. He never showed any willingness to fight a true elite prime fighter for the last 10 years of his career, he himself admits he makes fights at the right time and it's not just financially. He also should have at least 1 loss on his record.

GGG getting robbed by against a supposed elite prime fighter in Canelo is better than anything Floyd did in the last 10 years simply because he always picked opponents at the right time for him, not them. I respect the business sense behind it, but that's about it. Andre Ward challenges himself far more than Floyd was willing to.

I'd never for one moment suggest GGG is better than Floyd or anything like that but i'd much rather be a fan of a man who has the mindset to rule his division instead of a man who fakes retirements when the division is getting a bit dangerous and waits for all those he's avoiding to take something out of each other before he fights them.
                      Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-17-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X