No announcement yet.

My Fight Tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fight Tonight

It's time.. the fight is here.. Thanks to the posters on here that gave advice and tips leading up to today.. I'll def implement some of that stuff.. now its time to perform

I'll try to get the footage up either tonight or tomorrow.. I'm going to make sure my fight is the most entertaining fight of the night.. from the ring walk to the last bell

I was going to go with the purge mask Danny Garcia style but then decided to change up the mask with the all gold look

walk out song: meek mill - on the regular (danny used this last fight)

Give it all you got bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
      Give it all you got bro!!
      Thanks man

Judges say I lost split decision.. His face says diff.

I went away from my game plan in rd.1 and burnt too much energy and gassed myself out... The plan was to let him rush and tire himself then work towards end of rd... but when the fight started.. I realized.. this guy wasn't on my level real wild no skill.. I was so comfortable.. did the roy chicken move as promised... drop both hands calzaghe style.. that was a good rd. but in doing so I gassed myself out so my punch count dropped.. I was still landing the cleaner more effective shots but he was throwing more I guess he got points for just coming forward and throwing... my face looks the same as it did before the fight.. he has 1 black n blue mark under left eye and mouse under right

videos to come later in the week

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        Thanks man

Judges say I lost split decision.. His face says diff.

I went away from my game plan in rd.1 and burnt too much energy and gassed myself out... The plan was to let him rush and tire himself then work towards end of rd... but when the fight started.. I realized.. this guy wasn't on my level real wild no skill.. I was so comfortable.. did the roy chicken move as promised... drop both hands calzaghe style.. that was a good rd. but in doing so I gassed myself out so my punch count dropped.. I was still landing the cleaner more effective shots but he was throwing more I guess he got points for just coming forward and throwing... my face looks the same as it did before the fight.. he has 1 black n blue mark under left eye and mouse under right

videos to come later in the week
        Shame about split decision. Must've been close. Look forward to seeing the video

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
          Shame about split decision. Must've been close. Look forward to seeing the video
          here it is.. Let me know how you scored it

Last edited by McAlister; 11-25-2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
            here it is.. Let me know how you scored it

Nice job but any amateur knows that he has to be busy and pushing the fight, you did neither. You did catch him rolling and firing though, nice job with that.

In my eyes you could have welted and puffed him up with your jab. The guy told you last week when he was comin' for you and then when he did come for you he was throwing the right hands way before their time. You did a nice job though and I thought that you won the bout. Ya gotta keep busy in there, you fought an amateur bout with professional tactics. Still though, good work.........

Comment

Respect for getting in there and throwing down. It was close. If you're looking for any advice; you're extremely tight and your whole body is lunging into each punch (not in a good way) causing you to push your punches, making them extremely slow. That's not unusual at all. It could just be nerves but, whatever it is, work that out in sparring.

Also, you hold yourself in a way that telegraphs what you're about to do and he's picking up on it. Put yourself back into your stance after every exchange. Don't wind up or lean into the punch you're about to throw. Everything should be crisp and tight, which will naturally make you faster. It's far too labored right now.

Good work though. You're not fighting scared and that is extremely important. You're head is in it. That tells me you've got the capability to get through the other stuff.

Comment

By the looks of the videos you are over 18 years old ... you still wear headgear in the amateurs in USA? About the fight I dont have enough experience my self to give you any advice as my second fight is tomorrow but I would say it was a close fight and imo you look cool and relax althoug you do jump in a bit with your punches and lean forward with the hands low... I think you were the better boxer in that fight but remember that in the amateurs the judges favour agression.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  Nice job but any amateur knows that he has to be busy and pushing the fight, you did neither.

I don't watch Amateur boxing.. I only watch pro fights so I think my style favors pro boxing.. I figured land the cleaner more effective shots and win

My main mistake was in my mind, I just KNEW I was up because I didn't get hit flush so I was thinking, just get thru the rd and win.. if I knew it was close I would have tried to push a little harder (it's different looking at it on film vs being in there.. in there I could see his eye turning green and blue and the other eye with a lil mouse.. and im thinking dang he didnt even hit my face flush nose, eye, mouth nothing.. so in my mind I just knew I was already up)

I thought he got a standing 8 in the beginning when I hit him with the right counter and the ref stopped the action.. thats why I went to corner with 1 hand up... but after watching the tape I see he was just fixing his headgear

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    If you're looking for any advice; you're extremely tight and your whole body is lunging into each punch (not in a good way) causing you to push your punches, making them extremely slow.
                    everything was slower than usually after 1.. My tank was gone... but as far as tight.. I disagree.. I think I was extremely loose.. he was tight.. body was stiff as heck lol

Comment

Working...
                    X