Lil Wayne- Underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
    I can't lie.
    I don't really like Lil Wayne (because where I live mother****ers overrate him so much), but that track is hot.

Here's the download link: http://www.uploading.com/files/L13N2...mix_*****.html

On this track: Lyrics - He overdoes it sometimes with the punchlines. Some of them ****s is weak. Oh, and please stop with that best rapper alive ****.
    "No, I won rings with my performance" - You never went platinum, kid.

On this track: Flow - good stuff.
    Tha Block Is Hot- RIAA description- Platinum
    Tha Carter- RIAA description- Platinum 2x
    Tha Carter 2 RIAA description- Platinum (and counting still)

His other two albums went Gold.

Comment

http://www.riaa.com/gp/database/search_results.asp
      Go there. That's the official ****.
      According to that site:
      Tha Carter went gold.
      Tha Carter 2 went platinum.

End of the day, he still hasn't even taken over his region (South), let alone the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
        http://www.riaa.com/gp/database/search_results.asp
        Go there. That's the official ****.
        According to that site:
        Tha Carter went gold.
        Tha Carter 2 went platinum.

End of the day, he still hasn't even taken over his region (South), let alone the entire game.
        I think he has the south locked for newer guys. He overshadows TI, Jeezy, Luda (even though he may be better lyrically), and all of the other new dudes. He doesnt have the status of a UGK, Kast or Face but he still is 24. People get better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
          I think that Wayne is much improved...but sometimes his voice is intolerable. Carter I & II are both great albums though. I didn't buy any of his stuff previous to that. Didn't seem like his lyrical ability was up to par.
          He used to be awful. This isnt the same guy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sisforshaq View Post
            I think he has the south locked for newer guys. He overshadows TI, Jeezy, Luda (even though he may be better lyrically), and all of the other new dudes. He doesnt have the status of a UGK, Kast or Face but he still is 24. People get better with age.
            Around here he doesn't overshadow TI and Young Jeezy.

Comment

What do you Wayne fans think of his reggae-like singing on Birdman's "Make Way" off 5 * Stunna?

Is that not "posing" same as a kid from the burbs acting street? Maybe doing that remix with Wyclef made him an Islander all of a sudden...

Comment

Originally posted by sisforshaq View Post
                Just heard the Show Me What You Got remix with just Wayne and I have to say wow. He flows unreal and the lyrics are crazy and on point, I will try to up it but the **** is crazy. Im really impressed, he flows on another level with the lyrics.
                Lil Wayne is the most overratted rapper of the last 10 years.

So many people call him the G.O.A.T when he is nothing but average!!

Comment

Him claiming to be the best has been done by so many LL , Jay, etc. It's called swag some don't understand it. He's been nice with it since the Carter. That's where he grew as an artist. And calling that freestyle garbage is a long reach. That **** was nice.

It's just that so called true hip hop heads are never open to trying anything new. And most of them think that all commercial artist are garbage or wack. It's bs. I've been listening to hip hop for over a decade as well. Lil' Wayne has talent. I can see how you think his voice gets annoying though.

But other than some sorry verses every now and then he comes correct most of the time.

Comment

If anything, he's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
                      What do you Wayne fans think of his reggae-like singing on Birdman's "Make Way" off 5 * Stunna?

Is that not "posing" same as a kid from the burbs acting street? Maybe doing that remix with Wyclef made him an Islander all of a sudden...
                      LMAO. He's overrated, but he's not the worst out there. He wouldnt get so much hate if he didnt go around calling himself the best. If he knows hip hop, he knows he's lying. I didnt bother with that bird ****, I mean birdman ****. Is there anything worthwhile on it?

Comment

Working...
                      X