No announcement yet.

The South on top of East?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldgringo
    i have seen his name before...probably when i was browsing through mixtapes or something. my boy is friends with a dude that runs one of the biggest mixtapesites on the net. i think i have seen this dude featured on a song here or there...with chamillionaire or somethign. i have never listened to any of his work though. i assume he's from texas.

obviously u dont know him ahaha. yeah his from texas. but thats my point if u yahoo his name he's everywhere but u guys dont know him.so we all need to be more open to rap music not just me

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
      lol, the east coasts version of screwed and chopped is looked upon as ass...i dont know how many people were complaining about how **** that juelz santana song was.

hell maybe they jus aint doin it right. the main dj's with chopped and screwed here r. michael watts,og ron c,dj yellow boy.dj grip,dj since. those r jus the major 1s. they all have there unique style of doing it. in my opinion michael watts is the best at it

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
        obviously u dont know him ahaha. yeah his from texas. but thats my point if u yahoo his name he's everywhere but u guys dont know him.so we all need to be more open to rap music not just me
        You're missing the point. I can name all kinds of artists that are popular where I'm from (Michigan) that you have NEVER heard of. I am naming prominent artists on the east coast (I dont live on the east coast) and I am surprised that you have never heard of them. It's like you think I'm from New York or something.

This isn't a spitting match...I listen to wide variety of southern rap...mostly from prominent southern artists. Devin, Goodie Mob, Outkast, Face, K-Rino, Cahmillionaire, 36, Flip, Banner, 8Ball&MJG, UGK, Z-Ro, Big Mike, Slim Thug, Field Mob, Juvenile, Wayne, Luda, TI, Magno, Joc, Arrested Development, Luke, Mystikal, Young Bleed, Youngbloodz, etc etc...'

Just like you wouldn't really have a great understanding of midwestern artists who are really only popular in Michigan/Ohio, I don't have a great reference of artists who are really only popular in Texas. I also don't have a great reference of obscure underground artists who are popular in New York or LA. You are TOO DEFENSIVE over your states rap scene...as hard as it may be for you to swallow criticism.

Comment

notice how we all have heard a lot of the **** from the prominent southern artists and a lot of east as well while he ONLY has knowledge of people from the south and almost zero knowledge of anyone from the east.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo
            You're missing the point. I can name all kinds of artists that are popular where I'm from (Michigan) that you have NEVER heard of. I am naming prominent artists on the east coast (I dont live on the east coast) and I am surprised that you have never heard of them. It's like you think I'm from New York or something.

This isn't a spitting match...I listen to wide variety of southern rap...mostly from prominent southern artists. Devin, Goodie Mob, Outkast, Face, K-Rino, Cahmillionaire, 36, Flip, Banner, 8Ball&MJG, UGK, Z-Ro, Big Mike, Slim Thug, Field Mob, Juvenile, Wayne, Luda, TI, Magno, Joc, Arrested Development, Luke, Mystikal, Young Bleed, Youngbloodz, etc etc...'

Just like you wouldn't really have a great understanding of midwestern artists who are really only popular in Michigan/Ohio, I don't have a great reference of artists who are really only popular in Texas. I also don't have a great reference of obscure underground artists who are popular in New York or LA. You are TOO DEFENSIVE over your states rap scene...as hard as it may be for you to swallow criticism.

what your not realizing is your the 1 that side its hard for u not realize that i've never heard alot of those artist. so i threw an artist in your face that u didnt know. whats wrong with that

Comment

notice how we all have heard a lot of the **** from the prominent southern artists and a lot of east as well while he ONLY has knowledge of people from the south and almost zero knowledge of anyone from the east.

man all of ya'll r naming big named ppl from the south. name some ppl that arnt that big. if wanna name big ppl from the south hell i'll name big ppl from e.coast jay z ,nas,p-diddy. well im done

Comment

we just named big name artists such as talib kweli, mos def, etc etc and you didn't even know these guys...

guys like K-Rino & Z-Ro are not big names (only in your neck of the woods) anywhere else but we still know about these guys...you don't know jack **** about anyone except nas, jay, big, and didy.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6
                  what your not realizing is your the 1 that side its hard for u not realize that i've never heard alot of those artist. so i threw an artist in your face that u didnt know. whats wrong with that
                  huh?

i was naming off prominent artists from the east coast (mostly) who have recognized classic albums, whose sound has changed hip hop, who have been in the public eye at one point or another, etc. unless big tuck is a HUGE artist ALL over the south and im just out of the loop then i don't feel too bad about not being very familiar with his work. i didn't pretend like i knew who he was though because i wouldn't expect you to know who...say...binary star is. i could have googled him and bs'ed you like i knew his deal, but i didn't. i have however seen him featured on a couple of songs somewhere on this:

mixtapeone

site.

Comment

we just named big name artists such as talib kweli, mos def, etc etc and you didn't even know these guys...

guys like K-Rino & Z-Ro are not big names (only in your neck of the woods) anywhere else but we still know about these guys...you don't know jack **** about anyone except nas, jay, big, and didy.

who the **** is that. what song he got on bet or mtv.

z-ro has done a track with jay-z so he's gettin up there.i sure dont know ppl in e.coast jus like u really dont know ppl in the south. end of argument

Comment

who the **** cares about bet or mtv? holy **** man, you got guys like d4l and mike jones running the airwaves.

talib kweli has put out a classic album or two and has changed hip hop and a lot of the general hip hop fans should know who he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X