Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This card is just falling apart

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Huh? He got this operation a few months ago before this fight was even announced. If Ortiz Jr was to fight in Vegas, Texas or California, he would have been able to fight. Only NYSAC is this strict when it comes to lasik operations. They are strict in everything and are the really the only commission that calls for the doctor to check on fighters before the start of the round anytime they think the fighter may be in any danger. It really screws the opponent as it gives the fighter more time to recover.
      So you actually think that two days prior to a fight is the ideal time to get lasik?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        So you actually think that two days prior to a fight is the ideal time to get lasik?
        Oh, you're talking about the opponent? Well, I guess he had some medical condition that required an operation. My question is, just because it was due to a medical condition, why is he allowed to fight so soon after the operation? No way in hell should you be cleared to fight two days after any operation, let alone one that involves your eye.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Oh, you're talking about the opponent? Well, I guess he had some medical condition that required an operation. My question is, just because it was due to a medical condition, why is he allowed to fight so soon after the operation? No way in hell should you be cleared to fight two days after any operation, let alone one that involves your eye.
          Yes the opponent. Lasik is a voluntary procedure, most people get it done so they don't have to wear glasses or contacts. This is surgery that could have waited another week.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Yes the opponent. Lasik is a voluntary procedure, most people get it done so they don't have to wear glasses or contacts. This is surgery that could have waited another week.
            I took it as his opponent had some operation to his eye, not necessarily a lasik surgery. Not that it makes it any better or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              They lift a flap in your eye when they do the surgery. The flap doesn't reattach back 100% and can always come undone. That's what I read about it. I can't see a scenario in which a professional boxer wouldn't be advised by his optician about the risks. Can't blame NY for this one.
              That's why prk is a better surgery than Lasik. Only downgrade of PRK is long recovery.

Comment

Why would somebody get a surgery done on their eyes, in which they would immediately be suffering trauma to that part of the cranium during a fight? Dude must be special ed

Comment

Working...
                X