No announcement yet.

What was Cotto's top 5 wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
    Going up divisions doesn't grant you any privilege, he went up the divisions that he choose to because he was struggling to make weight.
    Wilder, Ali, Tyson, and many others never move through any divisions I guess you will criticize them for that as well
    Nope 👎 heavyweights can’t move up but Golovkin can.

Comment

Cotto was one of my favorites, the Martinez fight was a pretty fun night for me. You think he is sub par thats fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        some of these comments suddenly torres, quintana and malignaggi are world beaters Who did any of them guys beat? fact is cotto did absolutely nothing special in his career and got spanked time and time again in his big fights. youre not talking about competitive fights either, he lost badly to pacquiao, mayweather, canelo and margarito. theres plenty of fighters who did better against them guys than cotto did. pacquiao hasnt stopped anyone since but he had no problem stopping cotto
        You DKSAC

Cotto's big fights were wins against Mosley, Margarito, Martinez and Judah and losses to Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayweather and Canelo.

The first Margarito fight is questionable obviously because of the plaster and how was that not a competitive fight? The scorecards didn't indicate that. He got beat bad against Pacquiao. He gave Mayweather a good fight, had Mayweather bleeding and Mayweather himself told Cotto that he was the toughest guy he ever fought, Mayweather himself said it was competitive. Against Canelo that was old lion vs young lion, one guy is 25, the other 35 and yeah Canelo won but Cotto didn't look bad. Alot of the rounds were competitive, granted Canelo won a good majority of the rounds, but Cotto was competitive in that fight. You just sound like a hater honestly.

Was Cotto the best of his era, no, but he was in that next tier right after Mayweather and Pacquiao and that's pretty damn good.

Haters can hate all they want, but the man is going to the Hall of Fame and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

True That!
        Last edited by True That; 04-07-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

hes undefeated when you think about it. floyd and canelo both got caught cheating. pac....cheater. margarito...cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Most overrated Puerto Rican of all time. Certainly doesn't count as a good win for Pac or Floyd.
            Actually Jose Torres was the most overrated Puerto Rican fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Actually Jose Torres was the most overrated Puerto Rican fighter ever.
              But did you see what I did thur??

Comment

Working...
              X