No announcement yet.

NO BS breakdown of how Ortiz will demolish wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
    Wilder backs up on the ropes on a similair fashion and actually leaves himself even more exposed than scott.
    I disagree with you on that. Sure Wilder backs up at times but he can actually fight off the ropes. I just don’t see Ortiz getting past that Wilder jab.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      All I know is that King Kong better bring his best cardio conditioning because the Bronze Bomber is going to be swinging. He is going to make this a very fast pace fight which will probably wear Ortiz down in the early rounds. The old man just won't be to keep up with Deontay's pace.

Luis' strategy is to try to slow the pace down and turn it into a scientific tactical fight. That his only chance of winning by out boxing Wilder. He needs to rely on his pedigree and fundamentals in order to win this fight but it's up to the "Bronze Bomber" to not to let him utilize that strategy by making it a prizefight.
      people say this and i dont think they realize what they are saying

Comment

I really dont get wilders fans, they act like the guy is untouchable or something and are completely brushing off Ortiz. Old or not, this is the first opponent he is facing that can actually box at an elite level, that can punch as well and counter him.

Artur splilka and gerald washington gave wilder fits and you guys act like hes a boxing master or something. Ortiz could very well knock his lights out.
        No one is saying that Wilder is untouchable, but the fight isn't going to go the way that you seem convinced it's going to go.

Szpilka and Washington went out and boxed, with no real intent to engage with Wilder; Wilder figured it out, kept the pressure, and put the lights out on both of them when they couldn't play keep away any longer.

For Ortiz to have a chance to knockout Wilder, he's going to have to set his feet and come to Wilder, both moves that'll get him ktfo.

We don't know what Wilder's chin is like, and we don't know what his heart is like, but we do have a gauge for what his boxing knowledge/instincts might be, because he's fought under the guidance of the same man his entire career, with that man basically having a similar skillset when he had his run as a pro fighter (having a pretty stellar run too).

If you want to earnestly look for possible holes in Wilder's game, it'd make sense to look at the career that Mark Breland had to find some clues.

Find away to quickly get inside range, punch with him, and hope that the power is heavy enough to dent the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          That's a sad state of affairs for the 'cuban school of boxing' if the best of the bunch is getting a gift decision over keril...relikh? he clearly lost that fight.
          It is what it is, man. I still like Rances. He comes to fight, and he’s actually pretty good. I didn’t see the fight you’re referring to, but Relikh will get a chance at redemption soon. “Schools of fighting” don’t mean shit, as far as I’m concerned. It comes down to individual fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            people say this and i dont think they realize what they are saying
            That'll be career suicide for Luis Ortiz. King Kong would never win a firefight with the "Bronze Bomber" As a matter of fact, Currently there is no one in the Heavyweight division that can match Deontay's Wilder's firepower; Not even Anthony Joshua. One's best bet against him is to not square up, by moving their feet, while not standing flat-footed and trading toe to toe with him.

Comment

That'll be career suicide for Luis Ortiz. King Kong would never win a firefight with the "Bronze Bomber" As a matter of fact, Currently there is no one in the Heavyweight division that can match Deontay's Wilder's firepower; Not even Anthony Joshua. One's best bet against him is to not square up, by moving their feet, while not standing flat-footed and trading toe to toe with him.
              Duhapaus stood toe to toe with him the whole fight eating his shots lol. What makes you think Ortiz cant get on the inside and land a quick shot to spark him?

Comment

Duhapaus stood toe to toe with him the whole fight eating his shots lol. What makes you think Ortiz cant get on the inside and land a quick shot to spark him?
                Yes I remember and Duhapaus took a real ass whooping in that fight for his troubles as well. Not once he did ever legitimately threaten Deontay Wilder in that fight. He was a mere human punching bag. Ortiz is just too old and slow to beat Wilder to the punch. The only way he can spark the "Bronze Bomber" is if he isn't throwing anything back.

Comment

Yes I remember and Duhapaus took a real ass whooping in that fight for his troubles as well. Not once he did ever legitimately threaten Deontay Wilder in that fight. He was a mere human punching bag. Ortiz is just too old and slow to beat Wilder to the punch. The only way he can spark the "Bronze Bomber" is if he isn't throwing anything back.
                  Thats the point, he ate wilders shots and kept coming at him unfazed. It took wilder 11 rounds to get past him and it wasnt even a ko and duhapaus didnt even get dropped. Ref had to wave it off.

Wilder had a life and death war with a gatekeeper punching bag. He also struggled bad with spilka, washington, and molina. And you guys think Ortiz is going to get blown out. If ortiz lands on him the way any of those guys did, hes going to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I would’ve preferred if Yoel made weight, but it was a nice win, and he’ll get a title shot off of it. Too bad he, like Ortiz and way too many other Cubans, is old. He’s a monster.

I like Sullivan, but he’s limited. Ugas is going nowhere. Ortiz has a shot. Barthelemy is probably the best of the bunch. We need a new infusion of talent soon.
                    we have Machado, Socarras, Ramon Nicolas, Forestal and I think Ugas has a chance. He re-dedicated himself to the sport and looks much better now than he did when he turned pro. They are a few more that escape my mind now but they just need exposure, Dorticos still young and I think if he trains better he will have a shot at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                      we have Machado, Socarras, Ramon Nicolas, Forestal and I think Ugas has a chance. He re-dedicated himself to the sport and looks much better now than he did when he turned pro. They are a few more that escape my mind now but they just need exposure, Dorticos still young and I think if he trains better he will have a shot at the top.
                      Ugas appears solid at best to me. He reminds me of Barrera, but with less potential. That’s not saying a lot. Socarras doesn’t inspire me either. The others I know of, but haven’t watched yet. I hope there’s a diamond in there somewhere. They can’t all be good.

I agree on Dorticos. I think he needs a new trainer. Maybe Gassiev would’ve cleaned his clock anyway, but the way Yunier completely failed to adjust in their fight makes me question his corner. He’s got too much potential to let waste.

Comment

Working...
                      X