• Cotto's last 6 fights have been 3-3

Cotto has lost 3 of his last 6 fights

11-21-15 - Canelo L UD 12 (@155)
    6-6-15 - Geale W KO 4 (@157)
    6-7-14 - Martinez W TKO 9 (@159)
    10-5-13 - Rodriguez W TKO 3 (@154)
    12-1-12 - Trout L UD 12 (@154)
    5-5-12 - Mayweather L UD 12 (@154)

He was easily beat by Mayweather, Trout, and Canelo. He beat a D-Level fighter in Rodriguez, then he beat Martinez who was coming off an injury and 14 month layoff who couldn't even spar, then he beat a C-Level fighter in Geale (he's best win at middleweight), and now he's fighting James Kirkland who was last years ko of the year victim

I've been saying for years that the "revitalised" Cotto under Roach was a total mirage. He cannot beat top level fighters now. And with his age and lay off, he'll probably struggle with much lesser fighters than he used to. He's the same guy that couldn't even beat Trout, but even worse now. He basically dined out on beating Martinez who probably had no business being in the ring anymore, the guy had leg braces on in the fight lol.

But his fans won't accept it and will attack you for saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      Cotto has lost 3 of his last 6 fights

11-21-15 - Canelo L UD 12 (@155)
      6-6-15 - Geale W KO 4 (@157)
      6-7-14 - Martinez W TKO 9 (@159)
      10-5-13 - Rodriguez W TKO 3 (@154)
      12-1-12 - Trout L UD 12 (@154)
      5-5-12 - Mayweather L UD 12 (@154)

He was easily beat by Mayweather, Trout, and Canelo. He beat a D-Level fighter in Rodriguez, then he beat Martinez who was coming off an injury and 14 month layoff who couldn't even spar, then he beat a C-Level fighter in Geale (he's best win at middleweight), and now he's fighting James Kirkland who was last years ko of the year victim
      Is there an actual point to this thread? You make a bunch of statements but no real point.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I've been saying for years that the "revitalised" Cotto under Roach was a total mirage. He cannot beat top level fighters now. And with his age and lay off, he'll probably struggle with much lesser fighters than he used to. He's the same guy that couldn't even beat Trout, but even worse now. He basically dined out on beating Martinez who probably had no business being in the ring anymore, the guy had leg braces on in the fight lol.

But his fans won't accept it and will attack you for saying it.
        I'm a huge Cotto fan, taking his revenge from the cheater Margarito was probably he's greatest moment behind beating Mosley, he's a great fighter but can't compete at the top level anymore, he's probably gonna fight Canelo again for one final payday

Comment

Yeah it's been a while since we saw the Cotto that beat Mosley.

Hopefully this Kirkland fight is a farewell fight, but I haven't heard it referred to as such.

Comment

Don't forget the L against Gennady via 800k.

Comment

I don't like Cotto, but the man is still 10000x better than Triple Flop.

How many PPV'S has Triple Flop sold?... that's right.. 97k

Cotto is way better than this bum.

Cotto>>> Triple Flop

Comment

Yeah maybe if the dude fought people his size he'd have a better chance of winning.

He's probably still a draw, everybody loves to watch him fight.

Comment

Only 1 of Cotto's 3 losses is a bad one. He loss to Trout was bad but if Roach had been training him I think he would have won. Cotto just seems to fight much better when Roach trains him. His other 2 losses were to Canelo and Mayweather and everybody loses to them.

Comment

Originally posted by caredjo View Post
                    Yeah maybe if the dude fought people his size he'd have a better chance of winning.

He's probably still a draw, everybody loves to watch him fight.
                    I agree with this. Cottos been a mediocre fighter the past 3-4 years. But his reputation going back pre-2012 is what makes us want to see him fight. Ill always tune into a Cotto fight even when its a bad fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X