Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder needs a new trainer, but who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder needs a new trainer, but who?

Who could help him overcome his limitations? Not a lot of great trainers to choose from these days. I think if he stays with his current setup and chases the AJ fight, it's clear he isn't interested in legacy or longevity, or perfecting his craft. Personally I don't understand why nobody has added Lennox Lewis to their coaching team.

He is 33 years old and has a style based on pure athleticism, there isn't a whole lot he can do at this stage.

Freddie Roach did a decent job of a late career style change with Cotto but obviously theres better tools to work with there

But still, if i was him i'd go with roach.

Comment

I think his trainers have done a terrific job. They can go back to the drawing board and learn a few things from the fight and try to implement them in a rematch.

This is an experienced fighter, he's been in training camps with Klitschko, Haye, Manny Steward, Adam Booth and other experienced camps.

Some of you put to much emphasis on trainers, it's fanboyish.

There isnt a trainer in the world who can give him more talent

Comment

yep new trainer will iron out all his flaws

i think thats how it works

Comment

Ann Wolfe.

Comment

Peter Fury.

Comment

Kenny Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                yep new trainer will iron out all his flaws

i think thats how it works
                Pretty clear his current trainers have done nothing to address massive holes in his game. Tis clearer now than ever he is at a disadvantage against the other good Heavyweights unless he addresses those issues.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Pretty clear his current trainers have done nothing to address massive holes in his game. Tis clearer now than ever he is at a disadvantage against the other good Heavyweights unless he addresses those issues.
                  no trainer can make wilder in to an intelligent boxer come on man thats casual talk

he is 33 he and is what he is now

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                    no trainer can make wilder in to an intelligent boxer come on man thats casual talk

he is 33 he and is what he is now
                    I am fully aware of his intellectual limitations. But it is also clear his team have relied on Plan A throughout his whole career. There's never been a Plan B. Wilder looked like an amateur for large amounts of time on Saturday. So you're saying he should just stick with the same limited team and accept his limitations?

Comment

Working...
                    X