Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¿So what happened to Cotto's newfound power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He took away Cotto's left hook. Cotto only has power coming forward. His right hand is weak like Oscar's was. I think too much was made of Cotto's boxing ability. He's not mayweather. Lara and Trout are good boxers and they are 5'9-5'10 much bigger. His reach is so short it's hard to box from the outside effectively all night.

The best version of Cotto is the one that can pressure with boxing inbetween. Canelo is a very good boxer. He isn't the best pressure fighter. He will always struggle against bigger guys who can move. Against smaller guys he's going to look as good as he did last night.

Comment

#CANELOPOWERRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        In order for kneeguel to have power 3 factors will have to come into play
        1.you have to be weight drained (geale)
        2.you must have a handicap (martinez)
        3.you have to be a bum (delvin rodriguez)
        You might be onto something

I'd also add Mayorga, Foreman or Margo II to the handicaped list

Maybe Margo was right about Cotto's power and he actually hits like a girl after all?

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        He took away Cotto's left hook. Cotto only has power coming forward. His right hand is weak like Oscar's was. I think too much was made of Cotto's boxing ability. He's not mayweather. Lara and Trout are good boxers and they are 5'9-5'10 much bigger. His reach is so short it's hard to box from the outside effectively all night.

The best version of Cotto is the one that can pressure with boxing inbetween. Canelo is a very good boxer. He isn't the best pressure fighter. He will always struggle against bigger guys who can move. Against smaller guys he's going to look as good as he did last night.
        Yeah, Canelo nullified that hook and Cotto's ¨stick and move¨ approach clearly affected his ability to sit on his punches, he's just not as effective while he's on his bycicle like someone like Lara is, but Cotto had no options, as everytime he tried to brawl with Canelo he was getting punked
        Last edited by lopetego; 11-22-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Thought about this in the morning

An elite fighter should look good against decent opponents, which Miguel did.

THe majority of his run after getting beat by manny was smoke and mirrors, fighting Floyd and Trout were the exceptions.

Yuri Foreman (fair enough every star fighter is entitled to an easy one after being destroyed)

Ricardo Mayorga (shot by then)

antonio marg (understandable why Miguel had to get revenge. marg was done by then though)

Floyd (great opponent)

Trout (good opponent)

Delvin Rodriguez (I didn't even know who this guy is)

Sergio Martinez (good fighter but shot by then)

Geale (another easy opponent)

In 6 years he had 3 years where he only fought once. This wouldn't be so bad if there were less soft touches
          I've been saying for years Cotto should be fighting at 147 still and 154 against certain guys. Cotto usn't even a JMW. He just doesn't want to try and make weight anymore.

I would still favor him to beat most of the wws out there. I think a Bradley fight is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            You might be onto something

I'd also add Mayorga, Foreman or Margo II to the handicaped list

Maybe Margo was right about Cotto's power and he actually hits like a girl after all?
            Against Super Middleweight Canelo will hit like a girl too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              I've been saying for years Cotto should be fighting at 147 still and 154 against certain guys. Cotto usn't even a JMW. He just doesn't want to try and make weight anymore.

I would still favor him to beat most of the wws out there. I think a Bradley fight is going to happen.
              Cotto vs Bradley would be amazing fight. I think it'd happen at 154.

if Timmeh wins, he could finally get that well overdue respect

Miguel would put himself back in the running

Comment

Geale was drained and then ballooned. . . same as Rios really.

Comment

Old habits die hard. As soon as Cotto realized that he couldn't handle Canelo's power, he hopped on the bike (ala the Pacquiao and Margarito fights). Had he tried to stand his ground and push Canelo backwards, his chances of getting KO'd might've been higher but that's what needed to be done to win the fight.

Comment

Umm he never once sat down on the left hook because Roach had him thinking he was gonna outbox him...I was very very angry about the fact Cotto wasn't trying to hurt Canelo... It was a terrible game plan really ...props to Canelo gave it t0 him by a round or two .....

Ohhh and Canelo still lost to Lara and Trout...No one is forgetting them so stop this Canelo dynasty stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X