Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rank Sopranos as an ATG tv show?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO :

1. Sopranos
    2. The Wire

3.Mad Men
    4.Six Feet Under

5.Breaking Bad

6.Arrested Development

7.GoT

Comment

I have it up with The Shield/The Wire/Breaking bad and Six feet under.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Huhh I wanted to throw something at my TV. 8 years of greatness to end like this? It didn't had to be a happy ending at all. I mean look at Breaking Bad.
        You didn't understand the concept of season 6b?

"You never hear it when it comes" David Chase drilled that into our heads during that season

Comment

at someone comparing this show to some TNT drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            at someone comparing this show to some TNT drama.
            Lol I know.

I honestly think The Sopranos is the GOAT. Nothing compares

Comment

Sopranos was the best show ever. #1 ATG show.

Comment

'The Sopranos' is the 'Sugar' Ray Robinson of television shows - It simply cannot be surpassed in my eyes.

Other television shows have come damn close to equaling its greatness over the years (chief among them 'Breaking Bad' and 'Game of Thrones'), but none have actually surpassed it in my eyes. Perhaps I'm biased but, to me, 'The Sopranos' embodies everything that is great about performance art - You can study any aspect of the show and learn something from each and every episode, whether you're studying the writing, the acting, the directing, or the editing. I even found myself studying things I'd never cared about before like costume design and lighting.

In my opinion it's the greatest show that I've ever laid eyes on.

Comment

Nice to see 'Six Feet Under' getting some love in here, too.

It's deeply loved by critics (and rightfully so), but criminally underrated or unnoticed by fans of dramatic television series.

The series ending is hands down the greatest ending to a television series ever filmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    But as any other great show the first few seasons were far superior to the final seasons.

They pretty much ran out of ideas towards the end.

I prefer Sopranos and Entourage as HBO's best shows of all time.
                    I couldn't possibly disagree more.

The first few seasons, while fantastic, pale in comparison to the final 2 seasons (I count 6A and 6B as simply being season 6), IMO. I don't feel like it got weaker near the end at all (like 'Dexter' and 'OZ' did), I felt that David Chase did a perfect job of pacing it and foreshadowing coming events. Plus, the battle for power between New Jersey and New York near the end was utterly ****ing fantastic.

To each his own.

Comment

I have seen 'The Test Dream' more times than I can count.

Some people don't like the dream sequences, but I do. 'The Test Dream' is my favorite episode by far.

"King Midas in reverse"

Comment

Working...
                      X