No announcement yet.

Dwyer: Malinaggi will beat static Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Dwyer is hardly ever right. He calls around 10% of big fights and that is upped to about 30% because he straddles.

There are many far superior predictors on this forum with better success rates than him and they don't need to straddle; Irondan, mathed, Kiaba just to name a few.

Dwyers predictions are rubbish! I love how he gets one big underdog right (which is usually actually quite easy to see if you understand styles) out of like 100 attempts and people claim hes great and forgetting the amount hes called wrong.

His success rate is pathetic and I can't believe he has the nerve to charge people and mugs pay him! Think I met set up a YT account myself. No wonder he can afford to lose all these bets when hes getting paid for views and mugs are paying him.

Between paying him, his lame predictions and the fact he advises that you straddle, I would love to see how much money these people lose.
    Come on Dan, he picked Rigo over Donaire with a straddle for Donaire to win by KO. His assessments are pretty accurate or at least his analytical skills are on point. I agreed with everything he said and mirrored his message even before I watched the video....for what it's worth. Broner is stationary and doesn't do well against the jab but that is pretty obvious to anyone.

Thanks for the bigup though....forgot to mention that

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Come on Dan, he picked Rigo over Donaire with a straddle for Donaire to win by KO. His assessments are pretty accurate or at least his analytical skills are on point. I agreed with everything he said and mirrored his message even before I watched the video....for what it's worth. Broner is stationary and doesn't do well against the jab but that is pretty obvious to anyone.

That's only because Broner insists on using the shoulder roll. He can box in the high guard and use his legs but chooses to try to act like Mayweather in and out the ring. It's really annoying when he has the talent to be so much more than a Floyd clone.

Comment

Come on man, Broner doesn't even have any legs to lose. Granted, Paulie has slipped but Broner is the most stationary fighter I have ever seen and If PAulie moves and sticks the jab, Broner isn't stopping shizz.
        Disagree. I think Broner has quicker feet then given credit for. This whole "wide stance is bad" thing everyone claims is starting to sound a bit ludicrous. Roy Jones and a lot of other fighters have had wide stances, and it's worked perfectly fine for them. Perez said the same thing, he changed his tune though when Broner was able to leap in with bolo-left hooks, and then turn to the side before he even knew what hit him. It's just simply not in Broner's nature to move a lot.

IMO, and I know this sounds controversial (As Dwyer would say LOL) but while everyone else is comparing Broner's style to current Floyd's I COMPLETELY disagree. If he reminds me of anyone, it was another slick boxer who could fight inside well and roll with punches nicely, and his name was James Toney. Broner's calmness in the ring, as well as his composure in the pocket, and his overall temperament reminds me of Toney. I started realizing this after the Demarco fight, that Broner is indeed a slick boxer, but not in the sense of a Mayweather, but more so in the sense of a Toney. One who doesn't rely on a lot of movement, but rather likes to setup shop at mid range and inside, and likes to counter you from up close.

All in all, unless the weight jump bothers Broner, I see him adjusting to Paulie's style, and I feel he'll be able to time Paulie coming in with the left hook. If we were talking about Paulie from 2-3 years ago, then he might have a shot. But, Paulie has slowed down IMO. Cano was able to get up close on him with ease and hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, which tells me Paulie's legs and reflexes have taken a hit. Think about it, a MUCH better pressure fighter in the "Baby Bull" could barely get close to Paulie, yet Cano, who is a decent B level fighter, but is by no stretch world class, as well as being undersized, arguably beat Paulie as well as floored him.

Like I said, I'll be surprised if Paulie hears the bell to start the 9th round. Broner's speed, inside fighting ability, physical strength, his great range and command of distance, I just don't see current Paulie handling very well. But hey, who knows, maybe Paulie had one helluva off night VS Cano. I don't think so though.

I personally feel a fight with Vazquez would be a stiffer test at LW. Vazquez is a great fighter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Broner is going to put a beating on Malignaggi. The guy has lost his legs, his reflexes have diminished and he cannot punch. I'm expecting him to get stopped inside of 6 rounds.
          I don't think he gets stopped, and if he does it will be late. Paulie's a tough man, he can take a beating.

Comment

I didn't listen to his prediction tbh I just meant in general he is quite poor.
            His assessments are good and I feel he often makes some very good points but then he seems to drift off and give some ridiculous predictions.

I agree; I feel Broner struggles with movement and I don't feel hes got good footwork but I'm convinced Paulie's legs are starting to go and I've always felt hes a bit of a one-handed fighter. I think Paulie will give him problems early with his jab & movement but hes not the guy to expose/beat Broner.

Comment

I saw Paulie vs Cano LIVE. He was getting tagged clean. When I mean clean I mean CLEAN head snapping punches. Broner hits harder, is faster, more mobile, and stronger than Cano. Paulie, though I ride with him becuse he is from Brooklyn, is going to get his ass whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                That's only because Broner insists on using the shoulder roll. He can box in the high guard and use his legs but chooses to try to act like Mayweather in and out the ring. It's really annoying when he has the talent to be so much more than a Floyd clone.
                He should do his own thing because he just isn't on the level of Floyd to be trying to emulate him.

Comment

Dwyer is only picking Malinaggi because 99 percent of the boxing community are picking Broner to win. Dwyer wants to be different. Didn't Malignaggi lose to Pablo Cesar Cano?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                    Disagree. I think Broner has quicker feet then given credit for. This whole "wide stance is bad" thing everyone claims is starting to sound a bit ludicrous. Roy Jones and a lot of other fighters have had wide stances, and it's worked perfectly fine for them. Perez said the same thing, he changed his tune though when Broner was able to leap in with bolo-left hooks, and then turn to the side before he even knew what hit him. It's just simply not in Broner's nature to move a lot.

IMO, and I know this sounds controversial (As Dwyer would say LOL) but while everyone else is comparing Broner's style to current Floyd's I COMPLETELY disagree. If he reminds me of anyone, it was another slick boxer who could fight inside well and roll with punches nicely, and his name was James Toney. Broner's calmness in the ring, as well as his composure in the pocket, and his overall temperament reminds me of Toney. I started realizing this after the Demarco fight, that Broner is indeed a slick boxer, but not in the sense of a Mayweather, but more so in the sense of a Toney. One who doesn't rely on a lot of movement, but rather likes to setup shop at mid range and inside, and likes to counter you from up close.

All in all, unless the weight jump bothers Broner, I see him adjusting to Paulie's style, and I feel he'll be able to time Paulie coming in with the left hook. If we were talking about Paulie from 2-3 years ago, then he might have a shot. But, Paulie has slowed down IMO. Cano was able to get up close on him with ease and hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, which tells me Paulie's legs and reflexes have taken a hit. Think about it, a MUCH better pressure fighter in the "Baby Bull" could barely get close to Paulie, yet Cano, who is a decent B level fighter, but is by no stretch world class, as well as being undersized, arguably beat Paulie as well as floored him.

Like I said, I'll be surprised if Paulie hears the bell to start the 9th round. Broner's speed, inside fighting ability, physical strength, his great range and command of distance, I just don't see current Paulie handling very well. But hey, who knows, maybe Paulie had one helluva off night VS Cano. I don't think so though.

I personally feel a fight with Vazquez would be a stiffer test at LW. Vazquez is a great fighter as well.
                    I noticed he has a wide stance but to me it's the fact that he just waddles towards his opponents in a straight line. I can see some comparison's to Toney in a sense but it's painfully obvious that he wants to be like Floyd (his "big brother") when he should try and forge his own path.

Paulie will be on his bike the entire fight and Broner better be able to get his movement on because Paulie won't be standing in the phone booth to slug it out with him.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I saw Paulie vs Cano LIVE. He was getting tagged clean. When I mean clean I mean CLEAN head snapping punches. Broner hits harder, is faster, more mobile, and stronger than Cano. Paulie, though I ride with him becuse he is from Brooklyn, is going to get his ass whooped.
                      Same, i've actually never seen Cano-Paulie on video but watching it live you can see Cano tagging paulie no problem and it was with pretty wide telegraphed punches. Broner will toy with him if he doesnt run around too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X