No announcement yet.

Garcia-Morales II/Malignaggi-Cano & undercards RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Garcia vs. Matthysse for 140 pound supremacy.

It's the obvious fight to make right now.
    Isn't that why it won't be made?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      It's pretty brutal
      I've never anticipated a stoppage like that. I literally leapt off my couch as soon as Garcia landed the left hook, not too many guys are gonna get countered with that punch and stand up to it. This is why Garcia vs. Matthysse is gonna be such a good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Matthysse is the mandatory and he's with GBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by CineScape View Post
          I agree. The kid isn't an @sshole and he's likable. I don't see why people hate on him. He's going to be a problem for sure in his weight class despite his flaws. All he needs to work on is tightening up defense and his punches a little.
          The way he sits down on his punches reminds me of the boxers in the 30's.
          I like Garcia but I dont see so much hate but baby boy is very very amateur in style. He hits like a tank to cover the space between elite and B level. I think he could knock Rios out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Matthysse is the mandatory and he's with GBP.
            i doubt itll happen though, interesting fight i must say.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              I believe it will be made. 2 GBP fighters.

I just hope they don't feed him to Floyd. He's still a work in process and could use some fine tuning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Power View Post
                Definitely not a year with a lot of stand out candidates...

Morales I-Took the WBC title, dropped Morales once
                Khan-Took the WBA title, won the Ring title, dropped Khan three times, stopping him in the 4th
                Morales II-Stopped Morales in 4, possibly the KO of the year
                Morales is old dude. I mean I know myself and quite a few others were hoping he would win but we all knew inside that the warrior is way past his prime. So I don't see how those qualify as great victories.

Donaire would be a better candidate this year and I've been criticizing the guy for not fighting Rigo. This year Donaire moved up in weight beat 3 guys and won two portions of the super-bantamweight title.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                  i doubt itll happen though, interesting fight i must say.
                  I can't think of anyone else that Garcia and Matthysse could fight, other than each other.

Comment

• Matthysse vs Garcia won't happen. GBP would rather work with Top Rank and offer him to Rios. And that says alot. I hope I'm wrong and Lucas gets that fight.

Comment

• just found it, its not that brutal how people are making it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X