Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao: I Would Fight Conor McGregor - Only in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight will do better PPV #s than McGregor-May.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      You are kidding I hope? He won't have to defend strikes. He would just take Manny to the ground, game over. I highly doubt he would be dumb enough to stand and trade with Manny.
      now im not saying manny will beat him in mma but pac is pretty tricky and awkward. not to mention pac is way faster than mcgregor. manny will pick conor apart if he trys to come in and shoot for a take down. but once conor grabs a hold of pac then that might be the end of the fight because he will take manny down and submit him. pac has a better chance of beating conor at mma than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
        But guy,if you follow both sports you should know Mcgregor ground game also lacks a lot of technique,remember the first fight with diaz,people pointed out how out of desperation he tried and take diaz down,where diaz is light years ahead? ..I dont say neither sport is better or worse,but I do think it should be fair,also can you imaginee the money it will generate if lets say,first round boxing rules,second MMA..or first fight in boxing and second in MMA..I would watch that for sure!
        I'm all for it but McGregors ground Game just has to be average and he takes Manny down whenever her wants to and submits or pounds on him until the ref stops it. The only shot Manny has is he catches McGregor coming In for the takedown. Likr I said, I highly doubt he is going to stand toe to toe with Manny. He might with Floyd for a minute until he realizes it's futile. It doesnt matter really. No boxer of Floyd or Manny's stature will ever fight an MMA fight of this magnitude.
        Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 01-20-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I'm all for it but McGregors ground Game just has to be average and he takes Manny down whenever her wants to and submits or pounds on him until the ref stops it. The only shot Manny has is he catches McGregor coming In for the takedown. I highly doubt he is going to stand toe to toe with Law. He might with Floyd for a minute until he realizes it's futile. It doesnt matter really. No boxer of Floyd or Manny's stature will ever fight an MMA fight of this magnitude.
          so manny's not allow to throw punches or what?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            so manny's not allow to throw punches or what?
            Of course he is allowed to throw punches but unless I'm ignorant of Manny being some grappling bad ass the first thing you would think McGregor would do is counter the first shot Manny threw and take him down. I don't understand why people think a boxer is going go to MMA and beat any world class fighter there and vice versa. Manny/Floyd win In boxing convincingly and McGregor wins the MMA match. They are two completely different sports man. They just seem similar to casuals.
            Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 01-20-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
              But guy,if you follow both sports you should know Mcgregor ground game also lacks a lot of technique,remember the first fight with diaz,people pointed out how out of desperation he tried and take diaz down,where diaz is light years ahead? ..I dont say neither sport is better or worse,but I do think it should be fair,also can you imaginee the money it will generate if lets say,first round boxing rules,second MMA..or first fight in boxing and second in MMA..I would watch that for sure!
              lol Nate Diaz and Manny Pacquiao are light years apart in ground skills. Just because McGregor doesn't do well in a jujitsu match against a Caesar Gracie black belt doesn't mean he doesn't play with Manny on the floor.

As with all these hypothetical matchups... the boxer wins boxing and the mma guy wins at mma, in both cases easily. Anybody who thinks otherwise is ******ed.

Comment

Of course he is allowed to throw punches but unless I'm ignorant of Manny being some grappling bad ass the first thing you would think McGregor would do is counter the first shot Manny threw and take him down. I don't understand why people think a boxer is going go to MMA and beat any world class fighter there and vice versa. Manny/Floyd win In boxing convincingly and McGregor wins the MMA match. They are two completely different sports man. They just seem similar to casuals.
                how will conor counter the first shot manny throws? im curious to hear this. manny usually always is moving side to side, conor has never seen movements like this before.

im not one of the people who thinks a boxer can go to mma and beat one of the best from there. what im saying is, conor's style is 95% stand up and that manny will have a better chance of beating conor at mma than floyd would. im not saying pac will beat conor.

Comment

While mcreggor has a ****ty ground game PAC or other boxers have none that's why they would probably get taken down easy and that's would be it, however if PAC and other boxers learned how to avoid take downs they can have their way in a octagon as they please.

Comment

gotta remember early on in his career, pac also fought muay thai.. keep that in mind.

Comment

They keep writing that Mayweather-McGregor is a fantasy fight. Whose fantasy fight is it? Who wants to watch them in a boxing mismatch? Not most people.

Comment

Working...
                      X