Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve kim has gone full RE-TARD. Lol inouse as p4p number 1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve kim has gone full RE-TARD. Lol inouse as p4p number 1.

Don't get me wrong I have the guy in my top ten. Maybe 9 or 10. But at number 1 that's insane with his competition.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-fighter-world

Does anyone know enough about Inoue's competition to know?

I don't, but I see Crawford up there at #2 Ring and his competition has been less than stellar.

The fact Inoue's absolutely destroying his opposition should probably count for something too.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-26-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Who is Inoue's best win?

No problem with him being in the top 10. But #1? Nope, not yet.

Comment

P4P includes "the eye test" so you can choose whoever you like. It is subjective. Not just on record.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          Don't get me wrong I have the guy in my top ten. Maybe 9 or 10. But at number 1 that's insane with his competition.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-fighter-world
          Until the boxing world unites behind some precise definition of what exactly 'P4P' is and devises some precise formula for establishing it, anyone can rank who they want any way they want. Bunch of subjective fantasy BS if you ask me... the Breadman had a few interesting observations on it this week as it pertains to Inoue and other lil guys though.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...e-more--139347

Why don’t you think smaller fighters don’t get the credit that bigger ones do. What Inoue is doing is remarkable. He’s not #1 P4P but he would be if he were a welterweight. Why the weight bias?

Bread’s Response: Great Question.

I personally love smaller fighters. I was telling friends about Chocolatito 3 years before he made his HBO debut. I was high on Nonito Donaire since the Vic Darchynian win. I saw at least 20 Michael Carbajal fights. And I thought Ricard Lopez was the best fighter in the world after Roy Jones in the late 90s but no one realized it.

Here is the problem for smaller fighters. Being a junior flyweight great is like being the best highschool basketball player in a school with 500 students. Being the great welterweight is like being the best player in a school with 3,000 students.

There are simply more men in the larger weights therefore you have more people competing with you. In the amateurs and the pros. It’s easier to come along at lower weights. For anyone who doesn’t believe that, just look at how often an amateur has to fight in large national tournaments at 165lbs then at 114lbs. Also look at how many fights on the average a flyweight fighter has when he gets a title shot, then look at how many a middleweight has. Look how often a fighter wins a title at 126 then at 130. Then look how often a fighter wins a title at 160 then at 168.

It’s just a huge difference. So many recent fighters win titles at 108 then 112. No fighter from this era has even won a title at 147 then 154. The last one to do it was Floyd Mayweather who is not from this era. He turned pro in 1996.

Overall it’s just harder to move up at higher weights. Welterweight is the Mason Dixon line. If you need more proof look how often you see fighters from 147-168 get title shots before they have 20 fights. It’s uncommon. But at flyweight a fighter will have a kick boxing back ground and have 6 or 7 fights and challenge for a title. It’s just different.

Last but not least we don’t know the smaller weight contemporaries well enough to give them credit for beating great opponents. And that part is a shame. We have look at them and research them. I knew Estrada was special when I watched him vs Gonzalez. But I didn’t know his resume. That’s my fault and again it’s a shame.

So after stating all of that, two things happen. Special lower weight fighters have to do more to get recognition and they get underrated. Chocolatito is so underrated it’s sad. All of his big opponents were showcased on HBO after he fought them and you could see the quality. Choc never got credit for fighting Murderer’s Row past his prime and past his best weight for our entertainment.

I always believed that if Ricardo Lopez was a welterweight he would be a top 10 P4P ever. That’s what my eyes told me his skill level represented. Sal Sanchez was every bit as good as Hagler and Leonard. But because they were bigger they were considered the best of their eras.

Sanchez and Lopez are special cases. Now we have Monster Inoue in our head lights. I think he’s top 4 P4P. Crawford, Loma, Canelo and Inoue are the FAB 4. I really believe that. But I will admit if Crawford, Loma or Canelo flamed their opponents the way Inoue has been, then they would be #1 with a bullet. So there is a weight bias. It’s not fair to the special smaller fighters, but I understand it. Often times WE remain slightly skeptical because we don’t know how good the opponents are for these smaller greats.

As a whole we should research better and observe more closely. Some smaller guys benefit because they are small. And some would be special regardless of their weight. And we have to be smart enough to differentiate.

Comment

Racial bias nothing new

Comment

He's closer to top 3 than he is number 10 or 9 IMO.

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              Racial bias nothing new
              oh yeah, that strong Japanese bias in boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                He's closer to top 3 than he is number 10 or 9 IMO.

oh yeah, that strong Japanese bias in boxing...
                I mean they’re both Asian. Like that guy mexican puppet who swears every mexican fighter is the best thing since sliced bread

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  I mean they’re both Asian. Like that guy mexican puppet who swears every mexican fighter is the best thing since sliced bread
                  lmfao my bad. That one went way over my head.

Thought you were complaining about the long line of Japanese fighters who have gotten favorable decisions...like, they just typically stay on their island and pump out 5 star matches that nobody watches lmao

Comment

There's no undisputed #1 lb4lb today.

Comment

Working...
                    X