Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia even interested in fighting Terence Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
    I get it now....keep trolling, kid.
    I get it now.....you think Khan had a chance.......smh....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      I get it now.....you think Khan had a chance.......smh....
      You're a weirdo kid, gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
        You're a weirdo kid, gtfoh
        No, you're just a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          No, you're just a moron
          Awww, the halfaf.ag lil boy has a great comeback...good job

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I think its the same ole thing. Marinating & specifically overmarinating fights has been a thing FOREVER. Since I've been watching boxing. Sh^t man I remember wanting to see Tyson vs Holyfield in late 88 or 89 & the fight wasn't even going to happen til late 90 (obviously Tyson's L pushed it back much further). Being patient is damn near a requirement as a boxing fan.

And I would actually agree with you the Canelo thing was waaaaaay worse of a situation & I had criticisms with Canelo & GBP myself back then cuz GGG had been a long standing title holder & legit top 2 for some time with Canelo & even mandated by a ABC group to fight GGG & didn't do it initially. Now THAT was a bad look.

This Spence vs Bud thing is only being talked about seriously now basically. Bud has 10 months at 147 & his best W is Horn ffs. Spence is still a newlywed title holder (under 2yrs) & his best W is Brook ffs. Bud's & Spence's 147lb resumes are garbage to what they could be in 15 months to 24 months (July-ish 2020 to Apr-ish 2021) & 2 to 3 fights from now.

I mean the whole division is more disputed even if Bud & Spence are top 2 in the division. Spence, Bud & Thurman are all undefeated still & got some sorta belts. Porter gots some sorta belt & a disputed loss to Thurman. Manny gots some sorta belt & is a legend in the game. This is a 5 man division at the tip top that needs to get weeded out a lil more & with some enhancements made to the guys who are left standing, Bud & Spence in my estimation, before the big fight is as big as it'll be.

Sure but there is a difference in mainstream levels with 147 & these lil guy divisions. And specifically with the possible drawing ability & popularity with Bud & Spence & guys like Loma & Usyk (who you mentioned too). Skill wise yea they are all high level mfers no question. But there is the popularity angle with casual fans that put Bud & Spence into a smaller more important space with potential to be involved in a 1M+ buy PPV/$70M+ revenue type fight that few guys are capable of ever in their careers & that Loma or Usyk will likely never experience (Usyk gots a solid chance if he can become the man at HW, Loma has a maybe 20% chance of reaching that level).

Thats fair, but I kinda see you talking words overly seriously (imo) hence my extreme example of what would really prove intentions.

Cuz I 100% believe NO ONE involved wants to make this fight in September despite believing the fighters themselves would be ready to go tomorrow if thats how things work. There is a middle ground between desire to fight a guy & making the best laid plans to maximize your upside financially for fighting a guy when its this level of an event within a couple more fights.

And that middle ground hasn't been reached til some of these other guys like Thurman, Manny & Porter either prove me & others wrong about their standing right now or they fall from the level where they are at & Bud & Spence rise to a higher level in the hearts & minds of fans, specifically the casuals.
            I understand your point of view, it'snot really new to me.

I don't like how Spence looked after Crawford started saying he wants the fight now. Personally, I believe Crawford, and even though I do not believe Errol is afraid to make the fight, I don't like that it looks, to me at least, like he doesn't really want to make the fight right now. Maybe the fight still doesn't get made with Errol saying he's ready now too, but at least I can redirect my criticism.

Comment

EJ is not a cherrypick

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Let's settle this talk about this topic.
                Anyone seen anything about Garcia calling out Crawford?
                Nope. Not happening. No huevos.

Comment

They're 1-1 in the amateurs so there's a little history there. I actually think Garcia matches well against Crawford, would be a competitive fight.

Comment

No, he don't won't no smoke with Bud Terence Crawford because he fears getting his asswhooped. He'll continue to duck and call out a 40 year old Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Arum is giving an improved offer to Danny Garcia according to reports.
                      Any guess what excuse DG would throw out there to avoid TC?

Comment

Working...
                      X