Collapse
No announcement yet.

How wrong is Kevin Iole in this video?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wrong is Kevin Iole in this video?

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    2. Manny Pacquiao
    3. Wladimir Klitschko
    4. David Haye
    6. Vitali Klitschko
    7. Sergio Martinez
    8. Bernard Hopkins
    9. Juan Manuel Marquez
    10. Lucian Bute
    11. Jean Pascal
    12. Amir Khan
    13. Felix Sturm
    14. Carl Froch
    15. Andre Ward
    16. Tomasz Adamek
    17. Yuriorkis Gamboa
    18. Juan Manuel Lopez
    19. Paul Williams
    20. Saul Alvarez
    21. Nonito Donaire
    22. Sugar Shane Mosley
    23. Victor Ortiz
    24. Andre Berto (the most overpaid athlete in sports today)
    25. Marcos Maidana
    26. Zab Judah
    27. Devon Alexander
    28. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    29. Antonio Margarito
    30. Timothy Bradley

There is absolutely no way you can name 30 mma fighters who rank up there with these guys. I would love for Iole to try and breakdown what he said by showing and proving it with numbers and facts.

Iole is just simply wrong in this video there is no way he can compile a list of 30 mma fighters that even comes close to rivaling the list you have.
    Boxers get the lions share of the money that is generated and mma fighters get ripped the fuk off by White and his suits.

BOXING > mma fighters pay

Comment

Ya I highly doubt the 30th highest paid mma guy ranks as high moneywise as the 30th highest paid boxer. And morales is a bad example cause maidana got paid 500k I believe but thats it. Morales had a piece of the % of ppv sales. Ya the sales seem to have been poor. But if they were good he's would of made much more. I highly doubt zuffa would ever make a deal for % cause they know they don't have to. But it's true about the mma middle class that doesn't really exist in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
        Ya I highly doubt the 30th highest paid mma guy ranks as high moneywise as the 30th highest paid boxer. And morales is a bad example cause maidana got paid 500k I believe but thats it. Morales had a piece of the % of ppv sales. Ya the sales seem to have been poor. But if they were good he's would of made much more. I highly doubt zuffa would ever make a deal for % cause they know they don't have to. But it's true about the mma middle class that doesn't really exist in boxing.
        Maidana was guaranteed 550k for that fight and Morales 250k plus ppv % and plus Mexican TV rights. There were over 25 million views for that fight.

I do not think this is true because I feel that there are just so many Boxers from all over the world that make good money that have regional fan bases. Who says the mma middle class fighters are making good money anyway? How do we really know how much the ufc is paying a lot of their fighters as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          Maidana was guaranteed 550k for that fight and Morales 250k plus ppv % and plus Mexican TV rights. There were over 25 million views for that fight.

I do not think this is true because I feel that there are just so many Boxers from all over the world that make good money that have regional fan bases. Who says the mma middle class fighters are making good money anyway? How do we really know how much the ufc is paying a lot of their fighters as well?
          Well there seems to be quite the disparity between the guys making the money and the guys that aren't in boxing. But since there's so many bworld world wide I feel you. But the purse amounts for fnf's and so low boxeo are very low. I'm sure lower then the guys opening the cards in UFC. Thats what I'm referring to as middle class. U can't live off that level in boxing. I Think u prob could swing it in mma.

Comment

Chris Arreola made over $2 million dollars for his fight against Klitschko and Paulie Malignaggi made $1.7 million for his fight against Hatton you wont see challengers making that kind of money at all in mma.

Comment

Nick Diaz was really making only 165k a fight??? Damn....No wonder he wants to jump to boxing. One thing I like about boxing over most other sports is that the actual fighters make a bulk of the money. I hate it when I see all these teams that are worth over $1 billion and yet the total payroll for the team is only like $90 million...These players are worth more than 10% of the teams value. The athletes who put the risk out there should make most of the money. And I hope Nick Diaz does jump to boxing and is successful. If Sergei Dzinzurik can make $700k a fight I think Diaz has a decent chance to triple his current pay per fight.

He'll probably get paid more to fight on an HBO undercard than he would to headline a Strikeforce title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
                Well there seems to be quite the disparity between the guys making the money and the guys that aren't in boxing. But since there's so many bworld world wide I feel you. But the purse amounts for fnf's and so low boxeo are very low. I'm sure lower then the guys opening the cards in UFC. Thats what I'm referring to as middle class. U can't live off that level in boxing. I Think u prob could swing it in mma.
                Yeah I know what you are saying but a lot of FNF purses to the fighters are similar to ufc undercards. There are just so many more fighters in Boxing who make so much more who fight on HBO/Showtime than there are fighters who make money in mma.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  2. Manny Pacquiao
                  3. Wladimir Klitschko
                  4. David Haye
                  6. Vitali Klitschko
                  7. Sergio Martinez
                  8. Bernard Hopkins
                  9. Juan Manuel Marquez
                  10. Lucian Bute
                  11. Jean Pascal
                  12. Amir Khan
                  13. Felix Sturm
                  14. Carl Froch
                  15. Andre Ward
                  16. Tomasz Adamek
                  17. Yuriorkis Gamboa
                  18. Juan Manuel Lopez
                  19. Paul Williams
                  20. Saul Alvarez
                  21. Nonito Donaire
                  22. Sugar Shane Mosley
                  23. Victor Ortiz
                  24. Andre Berto (the most overpaid athlete in sports today)
                  25. Marcos Maidana
                  26. Zab Judah
                  27. Devon Alexander
                  28. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
                  29. Antonio Margarito
                  30. Timothy Bradley

There is absolutely no way you can name 30 mma fighters who rank up there with these guys. I would love for Iole to try and breakdown what he said by showing and proving it with numbers and facts.
                  Good post... It should be sent to Iole because what he is saying in the video is stated as a fact by him and other "writers" (glorified bloggers?). You could probably expand it to 50, if you looked into it a little more (Marco Huck, Adamek, Cotto, the Super 6 participants, Pavlik, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    Good post... It should be sent to Iole because what he is saying in the video is stated as a fact by him and other "writers" (glorified bloggers?). You could probably expand it to 50, if you looked into it a little more (Marco Huck, Adamek, Cotto, the Super 6 participants, Pavlik, etc.)
                    Ya definitely many of those euro's make good money.

Comment

Working...
                    X