No announcement yet.

Artorias punch stat count Lomachenko vs. Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artorias punch stat count Lomachenko vs. Linares

Well not sure how the numbers between compubox and Artorias are so different, I know one is live and one is replay but it shouldn't be that far off. I've seen a handful of punches that Artorias didn't count for Linares but not that many to make such a big difference.

Compubox
    Linares 207 punches landed
    Lomachenko 213 punches landed

vs.

Artorias
    Linares 53
    Lomachenko 139

I've never done an in-depth comparison between live fight and his replay, because's a significant time investment.. something I don't have. However I remember looking at a few of his videos, and thought they aligned very well with reality. He uses HD video majority of the time, and uses great angles to show what landed and what didn't.

I also found him relatively impartial to all fighters. He finds punches for both fighters that look like they scored but actually didn't. He also doesn't count things that land on gloves, which is a big plus for me. A power punch landing on arms can be counted, depending on the power and where it lands.

Comment

The big thing for me was in this fight is that my eyes didn't see the same thing that compubox saw and I am not sure if it was because I couldn't catch Linares landed punches or because I was biased towards Lomachenko, even so I didn't realize that there was such a big difference in replay review vs. live punch stat count. I know some people will come on here and will probably see one a couple of punches that weren't counted for Linares and dismiss the entire video (they always do because they are too damn lazy to do a full review themselves, as i am) but overall it was a good punch stat count.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I also found him relatively impartial to all fighters. He finds punches for both fighters that look like they scored but actually didn't. He also doesn't count things that land on gloves, which is a big plus for me. A power punch landing on arms can be counted, depending on the power and where it lands.
        Ahh you see, that's where you're wrong.
        He had Pac-man winning against Floyd, and in the GGG-Canelo fight he scored 2 misses as connected, so everything he says is completely null and void.

Comment

This guy has the worst punch count videos. It's actually comical

Comment

He doesn't count gloves punches, which Compubox does.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              i see, well in that case that could make a big difference.

Comment

... Compubox count is live and they never change their count after fight -- whatever biased they were in the first place...

Artorias is studying the fights in replay and he's editing highlights... (He should also make full time vids, for pundits)...

Comment

In the first Thompson/Klitschko fight, the punch stats at the time of the knockout clearly favored Thompson but no one I know of had Thompson ahead on the cards. If punch stats meant that much we would not need judges.

That said, I thought Linares landed a lot of meaningful punches and that the cards at the time of the stoppage were not crazy at all. I also thought that even though the cards were close, Linares was about spent. Even without that body shot that ended it, Linares' resources were beginning to fail him and Loma was gaining steam.

Comment

he counts plenty of glove punches. He also counts plenty of "air" punches if you know what i mean

Just look a his "punch stat" videos for mayweather vs de la hoya, mayweather vs pacquiao or Canelo vs GGG
                    Last edited by mcdonalds; 05-15-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X