Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman Back At Work!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about it... Could see PBC throwing in a Josesito Lopez, Rios or a Victor Ortiz Vs. Keith as a return fight.

Comment

Welcome back Keith! We missed you! Boxing was not the same without you. The guys at welterweight are largely avoiding one another because they all want you. So get well soon champ as I wish you all best in your endeavors.

Comment

Hope he didnt get injured during that clip

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Okay, sorry veteran.
          It's not about veteran bro and sorry if I came across as harsh. I just think we designate the title of elite entirely too easily these days. I will say Spence has shown good things, can even be considered great based on his skillset among the generation but when I think of elites I think of guys who clean out divisions and beat the best out there, overcome adversity, and push the envelope to stand out among their peers. He's done well in establishing himself, he's three or so big fights away from being elite at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            What's holding up them fighting each other? How about demanding they fight each other, that whole 147 field has had a year plus for each fighter to distinguish themselves. Garcia held up porter, won't fight spence, won't fight Crawford. Crawford and Spence some how care about building a super fight when neither fighters has the audience to make a super fight. But yeah let's blame the guy who had surgery and needed rehab for holding up a division.
            Blame them for that too but Thurman is the biggest joke in the division now followed by Garcia then Porter. Atleast the last two are fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              It's not about veteran bro and sorry if I came across as harsh. I just think we designate the title of elite entirely too easily these days. I will say Spence has shown good things, can even be considered great based on his skillset among the generation but when I think of elites I think of guys who clean out divisions and beat the best out there, overcome adversity, and push the envelope to stand out among their peers. He's done well in establishing himself, he's three or so big fights away from being elite at this point.
              It's all good, I don't disagree with what you're saying, on paper Spence has a lot of work to do, I think Spence is an elite talent is what I should've said. He's a dangerous man.

His fanboys are annoying af but I try not to let that get in the way of what I think of Spence as a fighter and as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                Thinking about it... Could see PBC throwing in a Josesito Lopez, Rios or a Victor Ortiz Vs. Keith as a return fight.
                Nah Ortiz is set to fight Rios they are just checking on dates and a venue. Ortiz camp says it’s either LA or Texas and they are leaning toward Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                  naw. those fights were razor close. much closer than Floyd vs Maidana and Floyd gave Marcos his rematch. before he vacated he was being mandated to fight BOTH Danny and Porter. none of those wins were "clear". the Porter fight was back n forth exchanges for 12 rounds nobody would've protested a draw.
                  Floyd gave him the rematch cause he didint want to fight anyone else. He had way better options.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Floyd gave him the rematch cause he didint want to fight anyone else. He had way better options.
                    False.. Immediately after the fight ended fans were calling for a rematch. Floyd would've been called a coward if he didn't run it back. Nobody expected it to be that close. Amir Khan was the next target but Maidana exceeded expectations and earned another payday.

Comment

All the 147 division needs to start fighting each other.
                      It's packed with fire but has no smoke.

Comment

Working...
                      X