Yo, -Kev-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
    Yeaaaaaaa booiii!

Honda for the ****ing win. I been a Honda fanboy for pretty much my entire life. Can actually get a pretty dope Accord for a fair price nowadays.

I got an old ass LG 50". Not even full HD. But its big enough, and still works, so I'm happy lol I'm neither an audiophile, nor a crispHDor4kvisualsphile, so as long as my **** works, I'm good.

Did you manage to find a place to supply you with a quality slice? And I'm talking pizza, here.
    Negative on the quality slice bro

I'm too busy to look for any place, though co workers tell me of diff pizza places to try which they say they recommend but i've never tried them because I rather sleep or play video games on my days off, and on my work days I usually work a ****load of hours.

I used to be like that about visuals, but 1080p, 1440p 144hz, 2160p 120 hz, HDR10 and all that tv tech mumbo jumbo is a case of once you go there, you never go back. The first time I saw 1440p video I was like, where the hell have I been all this time. And 4k with native 120hz and motion interpolation, some people don't like that soap-opera effect to their films but I personally love it. It feels like i'm more immersed in the movie. You can only get that effect with a native 120hz tv.

As far as 4K gaming goes, that's also a huge difference. Playing PS4 Pro on 1080p - 60hz - non HDR vs 2160p - 60hz - HDR, wow, I was skeptical if the difference would be all that but I really was blown away by the visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Negative on the quality slice bro

I'm too busy to look for any place, though co workers tell me of diff pizza places to try which they say they recommend but i've never tried them because I rather sleep or play video games on my days off, and on my work days I usually work a ****load of hours.

I used to be like that about visuals, but 1080p, 1440p 144hz, 2160p 120 hz, HDR10 and all that tv tech mumbo jumbo is a case of once you go there, you never go back. The first time I saw 1440p video I was like, where the hell have I been all this time. And 4k with native 120hz and motion interpolation, some people don't like that soap-opera effect to their films but I personally love it. It feels like i'm more immersed in the movie. You can only get that effect with a native 120hz tv.

As far as 4K gaming goes, that's also a huge difference. Playing PS4 Pro on 1080p - 60hz - non HDR vs 2160p - 60hz - HDR, wow, I was skeptical if the difference would be all that but I really was blown away by the visuals.
      Yoooo, there's nothing worse than a dude who carefully explains some **** you didn't give a **** about previously, and makes you want dat ****. **** you, Kev. Hope that 1080 gets mad and blows up your consoles

Now it looks like a dude's gotta pour all his disposable income into getting 4k ****. At least PC wise. My problem is, I can't stand small screen, and I don't like ultrawide. So my best bet is a 32" or 34" 4k monitor. Hell, even 1440p is okay. I've got a 980 Ti with my name on it incoming, but its a reference cooler GPU, so I'm mad skeptical on overclocking it, because you know... reference cooler.
      I may end up getting a second one, but if that's the case, I may as well go 1080 or some ****. But seeing as how I haven't even gotten the 980 Ti yet, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Have you considered giving the SoulsBorne series a go? Or Ni-Oh? Gothic setting, can customise your character ****ed (SoulsBorne), and I'm pretty sure the bomb Dominican breakfasts can be made in game.

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
        Yoooo, there's nothing worse than a dude who carefully explains some **** you didn't give a **** about previously, and makes you want dat ****. **** you, Kev. Hope that 1080 gets mad and blows up your consoles

Now it looks like a dude's gotta pour all his disposable income into getting 4k ****. At least PC wise. My problem is, I can't stand small screen, and I don't like ultrawide. So my best bet is a 32" or 34" 4k monitor. Hell, even 1440p is okay. I've got a 980 Ti with my name on it incoming, but its a reference cooler GPU, so I'm mad skeptical on overclocking it, because you know... reference cooler.
        I may end up getting a second one, but if that's the case, I may as well go 1080 or some ****. But seeing as how I haven't even gotten the 980 Ti yet, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Have you considered giving the SoulsBorne series a go? Or Ni-Oh? Gothic setting, can customise your character ****ed (SoulsBorne), and I'm pretty sure the bomb Dominican breakfasts can be made in game.
        I have to look out for you now that we're having this gaming conversation, so you can't say no one ever told advised you to upgrade now or tried to show you the light.

Since it sounds like you are strictly a PC gamer, i'd recommend a 1440p, 144hz monitor with G-Sync. I mean you could do 4k - 60hz, but i'm telling you my setup, for PC gaming, i'd go 1440p 144hz. For console gaming (Pro/XB1X) i'd go 4K - 60hz - HDR10.

My setup right now:
        For tv shows/movies/PS4 Pro: 55 inch 4K OLED LG B7. I need motion interpolation for my movies and tv shows. I can't go back to no motion blur. It also has HDR10. I bought this bad boy off of Purchasingpower.com and pay $31 bucks per paycheck. It's really $49.61 per paycheck but I decided to voluntarily give a down payment of $700, which is what I was willing to give for a tv at the moment. So it lowered my bi-weekly payments from $49 to $31, for 39 payments. I may pay it off sooner than that tbh.

For my PC:
        27" Asus PG278QR. It has: 1440p resolution, 144hz refresh rate, G-Sync, 1 millisecond response time. It's pretty much the best gaming monitor out there. It costs $650.

You say you don't like small screen, if you want a 32" monitor i'd suggest the LG Electronics 32GK850G-B, it's a little pricey, but it's the only worthy 32 inch gaming monitor with G-Sync, 144hz, and 1440p at 32 inches.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824025836

If you want something slightly lower in price, and not as good as the LG monitor above, but still 32 inches and still with the specs I recommend and from a quality brand, i'd go for the Samsung C32HG70. It costs $700.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824025164

No I haven't looked into those series, but i'll check them out. I will tell you though, I do not like hack and slash games. I want different weapons, different ways to eliminate an enemy, different distances. For example the Dishonored series, you can go for a whole campaign without killing anyone, without killing any boss, or any guard. You can eliminate a boss politically, by embarrassing and exposing them, or you can kill him/her in various ways, gun, sword, swarm of rats, spring traps, crossbow. You can go all out and be known who you are and kill everyone, or you can go undetected and stealth and never be spotted, your play style affects the outcome of the story. I can't stand the games where you go around with a big sword just slashing everyone in your way lol.

I just checked out the Ni-Oh gameplay while typing this, can dude swim? I just saw the dude die because he fell in the water and drowned

Visually though, Ni-Oh and Soulsborne look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I have to look out for you now that we're having this gaming conversation, so you can't say no one ever told advised you to upgrade now or tried to show you the light.

Since it sounds like you are strictly a PC gamer, i'd recommend a 1440p, 144hz monitor with G-Sync. I mean you could do 4k - 60hz, but i'm telling you my setup, for PC gaming, i'd go 1440p 144hz. For console gaming (Pro/XB1X) i'd go 4K - 60hz - HDR10.

My setup right now:
          For tv shows/movies/PS4 Pro: 55 inch 4K OLED LG B7. I need motion interpolation for my movies and tv shows. I can't go back to no motion blur. It also has HDR10. I bought this bad boy off of Purchasingpower.com and pay $31 bucks per paycheck. It's really $49.61 per paycheck but I decided to voluntarily give a down payment of $700, which is what I was willing to give for a tv at the moment. So it lowered my bi-weekly payments from $49 to $31, for 39 payments. I may pay it off sooner than that tbh.

For my PC:
          27" Asus PG278QR. It has: 1440p resolution, 144hz refresh rate, G-Sync, 1 millisecond response time. It's pretty much the best gaming monitor out there. It costs $650.

You say you don't like small screen, if you want a 32" monitor i'd suggest the LG Electronics 32GK850G-B, it's a little pricey, but it's the only worthy 32 inch gaming monitor with G-Sync, 144hz, and 1440p at 32 inches.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824025836

If you want something slightly lower in price, and not as good as the LG monitor above, but still 32 inches and still with the specs I recommend and from a quality brand, i'd go for the Samsung C32HG70. It costs $700.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824025164

No I haven't looked into those series, but i'll check them out. I will tell you though, I do not like hack and slash games. I want different weapons, different ways to eliminate an enemy, different distances. For example the Dishonored series, you can go for a whole campaign without killing anyone, without killing any boss, or any guard. You can eliminate a boss politically, by embarrassing and exposing them, or you can kill him/her in various ways, gun, sword, swarm of rats, spring traps, crossbow. You can go all out and be known who you are and kill everyone, or you can go undetected and stealth and never be spotted, your play style affects the outcome of the story. I can't stand the games where you go around with a big sword just slashing everyone in your way lol.

I just checked out the Ni-Oh gameplay while typing this, can dude swim? I just saw the dude die because he fell in the water and drowned

Visually though, Ni-Oh and Soulsborne look nice.
          Loooooooooooooooooooool @ the bold.

Yo, I get what you're saying about disliking simple hack and slash type gameplay. Personally, gameplay (oddly enough) takes second place in my list of importance, and story telling takes first place. I don't necessarily pay too much attention to gameplay, so long as I can get through the combat oriented segments smoothly, and navigate through the game world nicely. If story telling, story based elements, or even just the damn story aren't up to scratch, I'm not down for a game. Ie the Soulsborne series. Lore rich games, in which you have to ****in search for that Lore, and then piece the damn story together your damn self? **** that ****. Besides, I suck at identifying movements and **** as cues for actions ie you have to study an enemies movements to know when to attack and when to dodge. Lolwut? I grew up on Street Fighter II, where jamming the keys and ripping out the special moves was all that mattered. You didn't have to time your hadouken, you just ****in did it!

I actually played and enjoyed the first Dishonoured, but it was quite a while ago, and have forgotten most of it, lol. I should give it another go, but I do get what you mean about games with open ended quest paths, that mean no two playthroughs have to be the same. The whole diplomacy vs killing and raping everyone. I like games in which your actions actually have bearing on the game world. Like if you wipe out a certain village or group of people, that **** should have an effect later on in the game. Likewise if you spare them.

I'm actually part of a tech forum, and they have a BUNCH of dope monitors (4k and 1440p) for reasonable prices. I peruse the Monitors section from time to time, and really do see some dope monitors for dope prices. Maybe I'll get myself one after I get some new weights. Gotta step up my home gym game.

I recommend that you possibly try games like Styx and its sequel, or Thief, or possibly Assassins Creed. I stopped playing Assassin's Creed after the second one, but hey, multiple ways to get to the boss and ****. The boss has to be killed doe, lol.

Oh, and I don't know what it is with some Jap games, but water is evil. If you aint drinking it from a bathroom tap/faucet, then you're drowning the moment you step foot in the ocean.

Comment

I've played both Styx and Thief in the past and enjoyed both.

I'm still taking my time with Dishonored 2 though. I'm really taking my time, exploring and dying and ****. I just fell off a cliff earlier, trying to 'Far Reach' to the wrong spot

Comment

Yo -Kev-,

You seen Ghost of Tsushima yet? Bro, that shiet made me want a PS4 more than God of War did, and that's saying something.

Comment

Working...
              X