Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artorias is shameful bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
      Well not sure how the numbers between compubox and Artorias are so different, I know one is live and one is replay but it shouldn't be that far off. I've seen a handful of punches that Artorias didn't count for Linares but not that many to make such a big difference.

Compubox
      Linares 207 punches landed
      Lomachenko 213 punches landed

vs.

Artorias
      Linares 53
      Lomachenko 139

Problem with both compubox and doing a video replay is that you don't get to see all angles of a punch thrown and compubox has the highly inaccurate counting punches as they're thrown in real time.

I'm unsure of it all, but I did think Lomachenko was landing a good bit more than Linares I'm not sure If Linares only landed 56 or w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Artorias is shameful bull****
        Maybe you should create your own video giving us the real punch count, I've done this once, but it was more so for me counting Bernard Hopkins clinching against Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
          Problem with both compubox and doing a video replay is that you don't get to see all angles of a punch thrown and compubox has the highly inaccurate counting punches as they're thrown in real time.

I'm unsure of it all, but I did think Lomachenko was landing a good bit more than Linares I'm not sure If Linares only landed 56 or w/e.
          neither system is perfect and 56 seemed low to me so i don't know if he saw or counted everything Linares landed. I did feel that Lomachenko did more work and landed more, Linares did a lot of work too but a lot of the punches were on the gloves... which by the way also does damage, so i wouldn't discount them completely. in fact, a good punch on the gloves will do more damage than some of the punches that landed on the face (i.e. some of the jabs that landed on a retreating target)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
            Maybe you should create your own video giving us the real punch count, I've done this once, but it was more so for me counting Bernard Hopkins clinching against Calzaghe.
            Maybe we should be critical of biased videos that try to make their heroes looks better? Or did Pac secretly beat Floyd?

Comment

Maybe we should be critical of biased videos that try to make their heroes looks better? Or did Pac secretly beat Floyd?
              People who feel PAC secretly beat Floyd are no different than people who secretly feel Canelo beat GGG. I thought Floyd won a clear close fight but make no mistake the fight was almost a none fight with very little action. I personally look for aggression in a fight, if i see a close round between two fighters i'll give it to the aggressor because he is taking the risk and initiating the action. In any case, not everyone sees a fight the same way.

Comment

I guess you don't want to debunk him then.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                  People who feel PAC secretly beat Floyd are no different than people who secretly feel Canelo beat GGG. I thought Floyd won a clear close fight but make no mistake the fight was almost a none fight with very little action. I personally look for aggression in a fight, if i see a close round between two fighters i'll give it to the aggressor because he is taking the risk and initiating the action. In any case, not everyone sees a fight the same way.
                  Yes, that is fair. I think Floyd won, but it was a close and somewhat competitive 'fight' albeit there was more posturing up than actual fighting it was one of the most lackluster PPV events, considering how many people paid for it it was somewhat daylight robbery.
                  Terrible undercard
                  Terrible mainevent with barely any action

Comment

Compubox numbers always seem a bit inflated to me and I don't factor those in when scoring a fight.

Comment

I fúcking called it.

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                      Ahh you see, that's where you're wrong.
                      He had Pac-man winning against Floyd, and in the GGG-Canelo fight he scored 2 misses as connected, so everything he says is completely null and void.

Comment

Working...
                      X