Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-30-2020, 09:47 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,527.97
Total Points: 70,670.90
i like ur avatar - zab191 Thanks for the stream! - mathed No Message - mathed 
Default Why is Luis Ortiz held in such high regard?....Is Luis Ortiz overrated.

Even though he had many amateur fights he was not an outstanding amateur boxer. He never did anything of note in international competitions, never won any medals etc. As a pro he doesn't have a great resume. His best win is still Jennings and he hasn't always looked impressive against low ranked opponents. Still a lot of fans like to hype him up like he's some straight up killer.

Overrated or definitely deserves all the praise?
VatoMulatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:04 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Nash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond reputeNash out has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,500.87
Total Points: 9,238.30

He has some decent wins in Jennings, Thompson, Hammer, Scott. I think his problem has been he is high risk low reward. Never had a belt, not a massive money name as he doesn't speak English or much English, so he is hard to match. Wilder fought him to prove himself. Ortiz is a very good boxer I think. I'd love to see him vs Ruiz or one of the absolute top contenders. Still has 2-3 years in him I think despite being about 75.
Nash out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:42 AM #3
Contender

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
nixxter is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,846.82
Total Points: 14,686.14

One good win in his whole career vs Jennings, which was almost 5 years ago and he was probably juiced to the grills. Thompson was 44 when Ortiz beat him, and both he and scuba Scott were semi-retired, these were their last fights. Hammer is C level and he dropped Ortiz, even though it was not ruled a KD.
nixxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:50 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13132 Post(s)
kafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond reputekafkod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 287,294.36
Total Points: 295,189.41
:) - Beercules :) - MDPopescu Don't be so damned sensitive, you're Scottish. - Scott.Weiland. Have a Sunday beer on me - Steve plunger true poster!!! - MDPopescu 
war jezza! - mlac P4P funny poster list on BScene - Snoop Frog ok - clandestino Thnx for the green. Cheers - Boxing Goat 

Ortiz was protected and built up into a fake bogie man by Haymon so he could be fed to Wilder twice. So yes, he was very overrated. Whether he still is, now that the Wilder hype train has been derailed by Fury, is another question.
kafkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:51 AM #5
Contender

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
adotd is a glorious beacon of lightadotd is a glorious beacon of lightadotd is a glorious beacon of lightadotd is a glorious beacon of lightadotd is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 3,825.34
Total Points: 18,927.65

He's overrated and unproved. Bryant Jennings was a good win 5 years ago, 2nd best being Dave Allen. He had a long amateur career but nothing better than the Pan American games which is pretty much domestic level. When he fights Ruiz he'll be stopped in the mid rounds I imagine. He is the definition of a propaganda hype job.
adotd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:19 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
LetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these partsLetOutTheCage is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,323.08
Total Points: 43,806.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash out View Post
He has some decent wins in Jennings, Thompson, Hammer, Scott. I think his problem has been he is high risk low reward. Never had a belt, not a massive money name as he doesn't speak English or much English, so he is hard to match. Wilder fought him to prove himself. Ortiz is a very good boxer I think. I'd love to see him vs Ruiz or one of the absolute top contenders. Still has 2-3 years in him I think despite being about 75.
Decent wins? Thompson was well past his best at that point and already had some KO losses, he lost to Scott for gods sake.

Did you watch the Scott fight? there was nothing remotely decent about that win, Scott was trying to take a dive multiple times and even with that Ortiz couldnt get him out of the ring.

Hammer lost to anyone worth a damn (unless you include a severely washed up Danny Williams and a badly exposed Price)

The simple fact of the matter is that Ortiz was very overrated by some on here. Claimed he was the boogeyman of the division but failed to impress in many fights he was expected to, also priced himself out of a lot of big fights.
LetOutTheCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:22 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5937 Post(s)
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,739.28
Total Points: 102,212.57
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt Keep defending the word, Brother! - StarshipTrooper 
Bob Arum dollas... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 

Luis Ortiz needs to be built up as a boogeyman that only Wilder could beat to build any credeance on the guy. That is why Wilder fans were praying that Joshua-Ortiz wont happen because they know Joshua will lay him out.
Thraxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:14 PM #8
Interim Champion

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Get em up is a name known to allGet em up is a name known to allGet em up is a name known to allGet em up is a name known to allGet em up is a name known to allGet em up is a name known to all
Bank: 3,632.98
Total Points: 13,982.22

Ortiz is a slick moving southpaw with a hard punch. He's definitely high risk and low reward yet isn't the division killer he's been built to be. Though I do think he presents problems for most in the division for the first 6 or 8 rounds. After that he fades fast.
Get em up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:22 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,696.69
Total Points: 65,931.62
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- Suck on this d@ck prick - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Best win for Wilder by far. A good fighter, i’d put him at Andy Ruiz level, although not sure he wins when Andy Flurries on him. Needs to fight people, only fought Wilder. Doesn’t seem he’d be able to beat any of the top 3 at HW.
SplitSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:16 PM #10
Banned

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Black Jesus is infamous around these partsBlack Jesus is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,943.16

I don't really think he is that highly rated. Hardly anyone wanted to give Wilder any props for beating him
Black Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends