Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is white guilt or racism in the sport denying GGG his chance at history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
    they said GGG wasnt asian doe....bwahahahahahahahaha....the great whi....i mean eur-Asian hope......

gotta love americans who love this guy who think he is caucasian/european....never knew an asian guy with two asian parents and asian citizenship be considered white/european

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Hopkins was criticized at the time for ruling a weak middleweight division. Just like Golovkin is. We'll see if Golovkin ever gets the chance, then takes advantage of the chance, that Hopkins eventually did.

If Abel Sanchez and everyone else around Golovkin would shut the **** up and let him focus on middleweight, the hate wouldn't be so bad. Instead they always say stupid, hypocritical stuff that deserves to be called out.
      great great post!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        they said GGG wasnt asian doe....bwahahahahahahahaha....the great whi....i mean eur-Asian hope......

gotta love americans who love this guy who think he is caucasian/european....never knew an asian guy with two asian parents and asian citizenship be considered white/european
        well, North americans call Hispanics "latinos" so that is how f lost in space they are.

Comment

when will whites stop claiming him to be theirs??? i'm half asian just like GGG and he relates much more to someone like me than someone who is 100% white. just saying. he is half asian.

Comment

Haha

He just came up at an unfortunate time. Numerous guys have been OK with ducking and that's sort of the era right now. He also suffered from terrible management in Germany that wasted some years chasing Felix Sturm. One duck on to the next. Also just pure bad luck - Dmitry Pirog pulling out due to injury, Chavez jr backing out due to dispute with Top Rank. Carl Froch retiring. Andy Lee fight being scrapped due to poppa GGG dying. Unfortunate circumstances on top of guys not wanting to fight him (Sturm, Ndam, Mundine, Quillin, Cotto, Canelo, et al). It is what it is. He certainly isn't the first nor the last to be avoided, although the Canelo/lineal situation is certainly unique.

Comment

Sugar Ray:
              First of all people pls lets leave the rascism out of boxing. It's ok to root for your countryman, but if he loses then let it be & accept and give credit to the better man.

ukbox;16761329]
              GGG is a 160 fighter. There's no doubt he'll move up in weight in the future.
              Is there too much pressure on ggg to vacate and go to a higher weight class?

Sugar Ray:
              GGG is the middlewgt champion of the world. he is the man at 160 lbs. There should be no pressure for him to move up in wgt. There are enough good fights to be made at 160; Saunders, Eubank Jr, Jacobs, Lee, Quillin, Lara & Canelo if he ever grows some.

ukbox;
              It's no secret Canelo's daddy wants to break hopkins mw record.
              There seems to be a lot of focus on who Canelo's master faces next. It's not for the want of trying. For years GGG has chased the big names and has been avoided.

Sugar Ray:
              True, and he will start getting the challenges...

ukbox;
              Hopkins is a great but out of his 20 defences how many atg 160 fighters did he face? And how much of that was era based

Sugar Ray:
              hmmm...Trinidad,...errr...ummm can anyone else help me here?

ukbox;
              Why the double standards for the Kazakhstan killer?

Sugar Ray:
              Honesty, I don't believe it's rascism, it's just like that, when you're good & just keep winning everyone wants you to lose...it's lonely at the top.

ukbox;
              I'd like G to move up too but u give him time to unify & make some defences. It's inevitable he will face some pish opposition but that's boxing & not for the want of trying.

Sugar Ray:
              Totally agree, if he was my fighter i'd wait for him to fight Saunders, Eubank Jr, Jacobs, Lara, Quillin & or Lee. But he needs to start doing that now. his next fight has to be one of those names. Once that is done move up to 168 lbs.

ukbox;
              As for the ward challenge, the only thing his detractors have to cling to...he's taking his time with Kovalev and is easing into his new weight class.

Sugar Ray:
              He is the middlewgt champ. Ward is campaigning at 175 lbs now. It reminds me of how some posters try to say that Sugar Ray was avoiding Hagler, which is ridiculous since Hagler was at 160 lbs while Leonard was at 147 & 154 (for 1 fight) or that he avoided Pryor when Pryor never fought at 147 when Sugar Ray was at 147 lbs. I don't see the Kovalev happening anytime soon.

ukbox;
              So why the double standards for ggg? Anybody believe he's ducking ****enlo or Saunders?

Sugar Ray:
              The double standard for GGG is that he is dominating all of his challenges, but we need to see him fight the remaining best in the middlewgt division. ****Nelo is ducking him.

ukbox;
              Fella's got a lot of people shook. It's at the point where nobody thinks he has challenge at 168 fellas gotta jump 15 pounds for a proper fight.
              That in itself is an atg in the making[/QUOTE]

Sugar Ray:
              LOL...he might some of them shook, but I beg to differ he has a lot of challenges at 168 lbs. Persnally I think Badou has a chance of beating him. We'll wait & see...
              Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 06-03-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Hopkins was criticized at the time for ruling a weak middleweight division. Just like Golovkin is. We'll see if Golovkin ever gets the chance, then takes advantage of the chance, that Hopkins eventually did.
                Hopkins got major props and recognition once he destroyed Trinidad. As he neared 40, people marvelled at his longevity and the records he broke at middleweight and that was before he moved up to 175 of course at 41. Sure, there may have been some critics here and there as there always is, but he was mostly praised after getting recognition from the Tito and then Oscar fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  He's 34. Name a risk he took. I say racism excuses him.

You again? smdh

The only "risk" he could've taken up until this point would be a Ward fight.

He is, and would have been, favored against everyone else. He's just that good.

And like I've explained before, a fight with Ward would pretty much kill the chance of any big money fights at MW.

Is your brain permanently unplugged, you fúcking mope?

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    when will whites stop claiming him to be theirs??? i'm half asian just like GGG and he relates much more to someone like me than someone who is 100% white. just saying. he is half asian.
                    His superior russian genes gives him his power and toughness

he learnt to box in the soviet union

he belongs to the Rus!

GGG owes nothing to his korean heritage fighting wise

Koreans are soft people. specially south koreans. that's why tiny Japan conquered them so easily and they needed foreign help to recover their country. south koreans are just murican wannabes with no sense of nationalistic pride and no guts, north koreans are just a bad imitation of Stalinesque USSR even now

Korea could never produce a fighter like GGG, same goes to Kazakhstan

GGG owes everything that he is to the USSR. Only Mother Russia can produce these kind of devastating fighters
                    Last edited by lopetego; 06-03-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      His superior russian genes gives him his power and toughness

he learnt to box in the soviet union

he belongs to the Rus!

GGG owes nothing to his korean heritage fighting wise

Koreans are soft people. specially south koreans. that's why tiny Japan conquered them so easily and they needed foreign help to recover their country. south koreans are just murican wannabes with no sense of nationalistic pride and no guts, north koreans are just a bad imitation of Stalinesque USSR even now

Korea could never produce a fighter like GGG, same goes to Kazakhstan

GGG owes everything that he is to the USSR. Only Mother Russia can produce these kind of devastating fighters
                      u just seem like a racist ass.

ggg is korean/asian and russian. you'll just have to learn to accept that fact.

it should also be noted that he was raised mostly by his mother,therefore his culture is more asian.

Comment

Working...
                      X