Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysis on Manny Pacquiao Vs. Floyd Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OTSS View Post
    Thats your opinion and quite frankly I couldn't care less what it is. Do you just suck pac's dick or is this a community affair?
    If you didn't care, why respond?

It just shows that you cared enough to reply....

To answer your question, just about everyone in Boxing is sucking Pac's dick right now. The guy just made history.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
      I think that Floyd would rely on the jab in this fight a lot. PAC is going to need major defense training here on out.
      This fight would have looked like the JMM fight but then again JMM is a better boxer than PAC.
      JMM is not an offensive fighter, there lies the problem.

Comment

On another note...I think the pressure will be a lot more on Floyd then on Pac. Pac has been defeated before. He knows how it feels. He's also improved as "one dimensional" fighter.

On the other hand...Floyd has misplaced belief that he's the best of all time. He's big headed. He'll be more concerned about keeping his "0" so I don't think he'll be taking any risk in the fight. He'll get on his bike like he did w/ Marquez. That might work for a UD against Pac, but I think at some point in the fight around the 7th or 8th Pac will catch him with one of the weird punches and it'll turn the fight around. Floyd may be able to fight great going backwards but doing that against someone with power both hands who also throws wicked flurries. Kinda makes you think twice about it right?

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
          On another note...I think the pressure will be a lot more on Floyd then on Pac. Pac has been defeated before. He knows how it feels. He's also improved as "one dimensional" fighter.

On the other hand...Floyd has misplaced belief that he's the best of all time. He's big headed. He'll be more concerned about keeping his "0" so I don't think he'll be taking any risk in the fight. He'll get on his bike like he did w/ Marquez. That might work for a UD against Pac, but I think at some point in the fight around the 7th or 8th Pac will catch him with one of the weird punches and it'll turn the fight around. Floyd may be able to fight great going backwards but doing that against someone with power both hands who also throws wicked flurries. Kinda makes you think twice about it right?
          I've seen so much of Mayweather and rarely/ very few could capitalize on the inside. You have to be in range and Pacquiao wil have a hard time getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Outbox Pacquiao not run.
            it would be stupid in floyd's part to trade. he also won't use the shoulder roll. he'd be pot shotting for sure. i don't see floyd hurting him, so pac's gonna eat shots trying to get to him, losing enough rounds to make it hard for him to win a decision.

pac would ask him to man up and trade in the late rounds. floyd would not oblige, kinda like the cotto fight. difference is, floyd won't be hurt and would also have won the majority of the rounds.

pacquiao wins if he gets to him early. i believe he can ko floyd if he connects enough shots but i highly doubt that

my stance on this fight: Pacquiao KO before the 6th or Floyd by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by iHateThePacMan View Post
              JMM is not an offensive fighter, there lies the problem.
              Yeah but Freddy is going to try to transform PAC's style into a less agressive one due to fear of being ko'd

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
                it would be stupid in floyd's part to trade. he also won't use the shoulder roll. he'd be pot shotting for sure. i don't see floyd hurting him, so pac's gonna eat shots trying to get to him, losing enough rounds to make it hard for him to win a decision.

pac would ask him to man up and trade in the late rounds. floyd would not oblige, kinda like the cotto fight. difference is, floyd won't be hurt and would also have won the majority of the rounds.

pacquiao wins if he gets to him early. i believe he can ko floyd if he connects enough shots..

my stance on this fight: Pacquiao KO before the 6th or Floyd by UD.
                K.O'ing one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time, I wouldn't bet on it. Mayweather is known to give up the early rounds. You're wrong, Pacquiao can win a U.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I've seen so much of Mayweather and rarely/ very few could capitalize on the inside. You have to be in range and Pacquiao wil have a hard time getting there.
                  JLC did. and I'm sure Freddie will pay close attn to that fight. Still all wishful thinking cause like all the others I just watch Floyd to see him lose. At least the first viewing is the seconds,third and so on are really to see him box. His strategy etc.

but yea..JLC was good at cutting the ring off. He was also successful at keeping the pressure on Floyd throughout the fight because he had a good chin (like pac?) but I dont think Pac has JLC's size to impose that kind of will. He'll have to use his footwork which he has.

Comment

i have mayweather winning on points!!!!

i respect manny as a boxer lots BUT

de la hoya left handed
                    hatton slugger and over rated
                    cotto left handed

marquez right hand (draw and disputed SD)
                    mayweather right hand and left hand ?????

the stats dont lie

now pacman dont have to drop weight he has really improved but i just see mayweather countering everything pacaquio throws!! floyd will have the better physical size in reach and height and he will utlilise these advantages

i see him pot shotting to the head and body throwing 2 or 3 punch combos max, using movement alot more and frustrating pacaquio!!

i just floyd countering everything pacaquio does but with pacaquios speed he will give floyd problems but with floyds defence and reflexes he is a bad match up for pacman

roach has even said that if pac was to fight mayweather he would need more time to prepare for mayweather!!!

i also think floyd would start quick!!

Comment

Great observations

Comment

Working...
                      X