Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm nervous, moving up in weight to fight tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn from your mistakes in this fight and bounce back stronger. Sorry if this advice is too late, but normally I would say the best thing to do when moving up is to box him and avoid trading. Too often people try to trade with a stronger guy and get hurt. If you box them and keep it somewhat cagey, they will not overwhlem you.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
      Learn from your mistakes in this fight and bounce back stronger. Sorry if this advice is too late, but normally I would say the best thing to do when moving up is to box him and avoid trading. Too often people try to trade with a stronger guy and get hurt. If you box them and keep it somewhat cagey, they will not overwhlem you.
      First round, I jabbed, move, 1-2 combo, right hooks to body and head etc. One guy in my corner said "keep doing what you're doing", other guy said "you need to pressure him constantly and hurt him" so I thought "**** I am losing" (when I was winning), and I tryed to ppressure him but he was to strong for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
        First round, I jabbed, move, 1-2 combo, right hooks to body and head etc. One guy in my corner said "keep doing what you're doing", other guy said "you need to pressure him constantly and hurt him" so I thought "**** I am losing" (when I was winning), and I tryed to ppressure him but he was to strong for me.
        The 2nd guy is a nobhead and you need to ignore him and focus on the other guy. Don't worry, even the best gyms in world have a mup trainer hanging around.

Comment

Pretty gutted, I lost. Got stopped in second round. In the first round, I got the better of him according to my friends... second round, I was doing good into I tripped on my own feet and the ref started counting me out! (tho he landed some killer shots on me apparently) I panicked and tryed to hurt him, he slapped me and I got counted again. (the officals told me it was a slap and it shouldn't of been a count down).... then he launched into me and I held my guard up high and my corner stopped the fight. I was really upset and my corner got stick for stopping the fight which upset me. One guy told me (from opposite team, a coach), that "its rare a bantam weight hits so hard, you got a load of potential, just increase your footwork and fitness and you'll win next time" maybe trying to motivate me.

I'm pretty gutted I lost the fight, got told it takes balls to get in the ring but who am I to say?
          Oriachim, Sorry to hear about how things went.
          Let this BUILD your confidence though. Stepping up in weight is a big thing. Stepping up in weight ON SHORT NOTICE is even bigger!
          You were expecting bantam and suddenly stretched to Feather.
          If you won that first round, you were beating someone BIGGER!!
          On another positive note, maybe your next fight at Bantam will seem easier.

My only advice is keep your guard up. Not just in the ring, but protect yourself from unfair match ups in the up coming future, cause if you let them choose you, their already starting off in control of the fight.

Good luck amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
            The 2nd guy is a nobhead and you need to ignore him and focus on the other guy. Don't worry, even the best gyms in world have a mup trainer hanging around.
            Thing is the 2nd guy has trained me all my boxing career, taught me everything I need to know.
            @anom
            Cheers for your comments, but I accepted the fight because I wanted a fight badly. I did learn from the fight, that I need to move around more and at my weight I gotta stop trying to knock people out but rather go for scoring instead. Just I was taught that you need to hurt people to stop them, which is true sometimes.

Comment

Just seen my video, I was battering him. (tho it felt different in the ring)... I looked real good all into I got hit flush.

Comment

Just seen my video, I was battering him. (tho it felt different in the ring)... I looked real good all into I got hit flush.
                Post the vid....if you can.

Comment

Nah i'm not posting the vid.

Comment

Working...
                  X