Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the body goes into starvation mode...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the body goes into starvation mode...

... what does it eat away at first - fat or muscle? I keep hearing from nutritionists that it's a bad thing to starve the body because it'll eat away at both of those, but I've always wondered as to which comes first?

Im not sure but i know that if you lose more than 1 lbs a week some of it is muscle.

Comment

fat then muscle but its not about what the body burns during this mode, it is the fact that your body goes into this mode period. when your body regularly goes into starvation mode it will begin to store extra calories from your meals as fat in order to make up for lack of calories which makes it harder to lose weight because your body is trying to keep itself fed during times of starvation.

Comment

Starvation must be handled very carefully, (preferably avoiding it) since it consumes both muscle, fat and energy. It will also make it harder to loose weight later on and you'll most likely develop hunger/sleeping disorders. It is better cutting down calories from your diet to loose weight since the body gets time to morph.

Comment

i heard you age slower if your in starvation mode

Comment

Working...
          X